VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I'm currently having a bit of trouble with some little tweaks in PgcEdit.

I've successfully added a new audio stream (Bulgarian) to the DVD of Jurassic World (2015) in the place of the Russian one but I'm having some small difficulties because the audio streams are now out of their original order, which was:
    ENGLISH,
    CZECH,
    HUNGARIAN,
    POLISH,
    RUSSIAN.

Now, they are:
    ENGLISH,
    BULGARIAN,
    CZECH,
    HUNGARIAN,
    POLISH.

[Attachment 48550 - Click to enlarge]

I want to link the title menu buttons (after which some commercials come up next and then the main menu) to the newly edited audio streams.

[Attachment 48551 - Click to enlarge]

Also, the original DVD had only subtitles in Bulgarian, but now that I added a Bulgarian audio stream, I want the Bulgarian button in the title menu to choose the Bulgarian audio stream and not the Bulgarian subtitles.

Any help would be nice!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by dilophosaurus65 View Post
    I've successfully added a new audio stream (Bulgarian) to the DVD of Jurassic World (2015) in the place of the Russian one but I'm having some small difficulties because the audio streams are now out of their original order [...]
    The order of the streams are controlled by the "Audio tracks to stream maps" field in the PGC editor. Double-click the movie PGC to open the PGC editor, and note the order of the audio tracks. They will probably be 0 1 2 3 4. You should change them to 0 2 3 4 1. After that, go to the Domain Stream Attributes. (I see that you have already changed all stream language codes. That's wrong.) You should leave them as they are in the original DVD, and just change the RU code to BG. (It might be necessary to change also the audio parameters if the stream you have replaced is not in the same format.)

Originally Posted by dilophosaurus65 View Post
    I want to link the title menu buttons (after which some commercials come up next and then the main menu) to the newly edited audio streams.
    It is difficult to explain that without the DVD, but I can explain a simple trick, that may work well... or not. So, be sure to do a backup first.

2. Locate the TitleM PGC in the VMGM domain and note its PGC number. Right-click it, and select "Go to Calling Commands". You will see a dialog with several buttons. You can ignore the small grey buttons after the text "Callable with remote...", but you should pay attention to the green and blue buttons, if any.

If a green button contains a command similar to "(JumpSS) Jump to VMGM Title Menu", click it. You will be redirected to the menu PGC that contains that command. Edit it to change it to a JumpSS-VMGM-PGC, like this: "(JumpSS) Jump to VMGM PGC 1" (where 1 is the number of the PGC noted previously.) Of course, if the original command contains a condition ("if ..."), you should leave it unchanged.

Repeat this operation for all green buttons with "Jump to VMGM Title Menu" commands.

Similarly, in the blue buttons, locate the "(CallSS) Call the VMGM Title menu, resume cell 1" and replace them with CallSS-VMGM-PGC, like this: "(CallSS) Call the VMGM PGC 1, resume cell 1". Again, the PGC number is the number of your TitleM, and the resume cell should not be changed (it's usually 1). Of course, keep also the condition, if any.

At the end of the operation, call again "Go to Calling Commands" for the VMGM to verify that there are no CallSS or JumpSS to the "Title Menu" anymore.

3. Now, right-click any PGC in the VMGM and select "New Dummy PGC". A new PGC should be created at the end of the VMGM. Right-click it and select "Set Entry Menu Type", and select "Title Menu". This new PGC is now the PGC that will be called when the user presses the Title button on the remote. Double-click its first and only pre-command, the "NOP", and select "JumpSS-VTSM". Change the VTS number to the number of the VTS that contains your audio menu, and change the menu to "Audio menu". (You should not need to change the TTN number. Leave it to 1.) Example, assuming that the audio menu is in VTSM 7: "1 (JumpSS) Jump to VTSM 7, Audio menu (TTN 1)"

4. Now, look at the VTSM PGCs of the VTS that contains the audio menu. It is probable that it doesn't contain an "AudioM" entry, so you will have to create it. If there is already an AudioM entry, skip this step and hope that everything will work as you want.

Selecting the right PGC to jump to is difficult, as it may be necessary to jump to a specific dummy PGC before the audio menu to arrange some GPRM values, and I can't know that without the original DVD. But you can try to jump directly to the menu with the audio buttons. Right-click the PGC with the audio selection menu, and select "Set Menu Entry Type". In the dialog, select "Audio menu".

5. Save and test carefully. If the audio menu doesn't work well when you press the Title Menu, you may have to change the PGC with the AudioM entry type. Try to right-click on the PGC with the audio menu buttons, and select "Go to calling commands". If there are jump from the SAME VTSM domain, note the numbers of the PGCs with these commands, and try to set the TitleM entry type to one of them. Test again, and repeat until you have the best behaviour.

Originally Posted by dilophosaurus65 View Post
    Also, the original DVD had only subtitles in Bulgarian, but now that I added a Bulgarian audio stream, I want the Bulgarian button in the title menu to choose the Bulgarian audio stream and not the Bulgarian subtitles.
    Again, it's difficult to know what to do without the original DVD, but try this:

Go to the Audio menu, open it in the menu editor. Click the button that selects the bulgarian audio stream (previously Russian), and if the command is a SetSTN, copy it to the clipboard. Now, open the subtitle menu in the menu editor, select the Bulgarian subtitle sutton, and paste the command.

Honestly, you are extremely lucky if that works correctly. If it's not the case, select the audio menu and then Info -> PGC. Copy the content of the dialog and paste it here (between CODE marks). Do the same thing with the subtitle menu. I will try to help...
    Last edited by r0lZ; 8th Apr 2019 at 06:16.
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote