VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. I downloaded a video, but the quality or resolution is not that great. Is there a software which can improve the overall resolution and quality? It is an mp4.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes try Virtualdub2. it has a bunch of filters, sharpen, noise reduction, adjust color, etc, etc
    Quote Quote  
  3. How do I add or drag the video file to Virtualdub2?

When I click File, next Open video file, none of the folder that the files are located in is not listed.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I found the folder that has the files, but when I click it, it says "No items match your search."
    Quote Quote  
  5. Like with all programs, type * in the filename box and press enter to get a list of all files.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes, I see the files. When I select the file, and then click open, nothing happens!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Is it a long video? Try waiting a long time -- like 10 or 15 minutes. VirtualDub2 may be building an index file.
    Quote Quote  
  8. The vid is about an hour and a half. I clicked open and nothing occurs. I waited longer than 20 minutes.
    Quote Quote  
  9. MP4 is a container that holds video encoded by a codec. Often that codec is h.264, but not always. Virtually any codec can be used, and some of these may not be supported by VirtualDub2, even though it does support a much, much larger array of codecs than the original VirtualDub.

If you use a tool like MediaInfo, it will tell you what codec is used. Once you know that information, you may be able to use some additional software to get the video into VirtualDub2 so you can proceed with your fixes.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VirtualDub2
    File/Open video file

Select your video file
    hit Open
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vdub2.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	48535  

Quote Quote  
  11. Yes, I did that. When I attempt to select my video file it states, No items match your search.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Post a screen shot like davexnet's.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Here it is.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	81
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	48536  

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I notice that it says in YOUR screencap "Files of Type: AVI,..." whereas in davenext's screencap, it says "Files of Type: MPG,...".
    First, if you change yours to match, and it still doesn't work, change it to ALL, and it still doesn't work, I'm betting you do not have Vdub2 but rather Vdub.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  15. Of course nothing happens when you press Open -- you have to select a file to open. What's the extension of the file you want to open? Regular VirtualDub (as opposed to VirtualDub2) only supports AVI files unless you install other source filters. VirtualDub2 supports almost all common A/V files.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I do not see an option for MPG. When I select open, nothing happens. I do have Virtualdub 2

The files are there, however.

Name:	1Capture.PNG
Views:	79
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	48537  

Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The "options" and "file info" buttons are not active after the file has been selected.
    Something wrong with the files?
    Quote Quote  
  18. The files will play.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can you open one of the files in mediainfo, put it in text view, and post the info here

The other thing to try is open Virtualdub2 to it's main window, then open Windows Explorer and navigate to your video.
    When you found your video drag it into Vdub2 and it should open
    Last edited by davexnet; 1st Apr 2019 at 14:36.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Too many issues. When I click the shortcut for Mediainfo, it keeps opening a window in my browser for me to download it again!
    Quote Quote  
  21. In the old days we were told not to use periods in file names. (except the one before the extension) But I don't think that is causing your problem.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by jarod1005 View Post
    I do have Virtualdub 2
    The program you are running is not VirtualDub2. Select Help -> About... and post a screenshot showing both the main VirtualDub2 window and the about dialog:

[Attachment 48538 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  23. This is it.

Name:	2Capture.PNG
Views:	95
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	48539  

Quote Quote  
  24. In the Open Video File dialog what does the Files Of Type pulldown show?

[Attachment 48540 - Click to enlarge]

And what's in the Plugins64 folder:

[Attachment 48543 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by jagabo; 1st Apr 2019 at 18:35.
    Quote Quote  
  25. This is it.

Name:	3Capture.PNG
Views:	86
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	48544  

Quote Quote  
  26. You appear to be missing a bunch of the plugins -- those that allow the opening of MP4 files, for example. I downloaded and used the same version you have just before post #26 so those are all the default plugins. I don't know why you're missing a bunch.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Can what I seek be accomplished through Filmora 9!
    Quote Quote  
  28. I don't know what that program is capable of. It seems to be more for editing rather than filtering. VirtualDub can probably do more for you than Filmora9. AviSynth can do more than VirtualDub but is much harder to learn. Post a sample of your source and I'll tell you what you might be able to do.
    Quote Quote