VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Everyone,

First of all I'm pretty pleased with myself, I've made my first multi page blu ray menu and it's working fine. Basically I've taken a foreign blu ray of a movie that has no English option, I've ripped into into the core files with DVD Fab, demuxed it with tsmuxer, recreated the menu (but in English) as close as possible with photoshop and put it all together in encore. It's not perfect currently, I've ran into these issues:

1. The disc I ripped has DTS HD 5.1 audio. When importing this into encore it doesn't give me any issues, but when building the project it gives me a 'this is not legal for BD' error. From doing it a bit of research it looks like encore does not like lossless DTS? For now what I've done is selected 'downgrade DTS HD to DTS' in tsmuxer and encore then accepts that. Obviously I really don't want to downgrade or mess with anything as I want the best possible quality. One thing I thought I could do is make it with the downgraded audio then use a program to replace the audio track afterwards - multiAVCHD perhaps? Is there an easier method I can use to achieve this or any way I can get encore to accept the audio? It must be legal because I took it from a blu ray!

2. My menu has four options at the bottom, play, audio, subtitles and extras. When I select audio for example a new menu jumps up above with the audio options. Now on the official blu when you press down on the remote it makes the audio options disappear - I can't get encore to do that. When the audio options are showing I can move over to subtitle and press that, which closes down the audio menu and opens the subtitle menu, moving over to extras and pressing that closes down the subtitle options and opens the extras options etc. However I'd really like to replicate official menus i.e. pressing down closes the extra menu. Anyone know how I can achieve that? If for example it's impossible for encore to do it can I do anything to the files afterwards, maybe using something like multiAVCHD?

I'm new to authoring blu rays, this is my first attempt but I'm happy with what I've done so far. I picked it up watching spanish language youtube videos!

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  2. Ok I managed to solve problem 1. I used multiavchd to replace the audio and it worked fine afterwards, tested the files and mediainfo shows DTS HD audio tracks. No idea why encore doesn't like DTS HD but it was so easy to replace it afterwards I'm not going to worry about it. Here is a guide if anyone ever needs to do it:

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=151925

Any assistance on problem 2 would be most appreciated.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would have thought you define key actions in the main menu ie the bottom bar.

But not familiar with Encore. Neither do I author Blu Rays.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post

There is an option for button routing so you can say what happens when you are on a button and press left, right, up or down etc - but I can't find any way to link the down button. I guess what I want to happen is pressing the down button actually links back to the first page of the multi menu, where none of the options are showing.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by luciofulci View Post
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post

There is an option for button routing so you can say what happens when you are on a button and press left, right, up or down etc - but I can't find any way to link the down button. I guess what I want to happen is pressing the down button actually links back to the first page of the multi menu, where none of the options are showing.
    I haven't made a blu-ray in a long time, so I had to look at some tutorials regarding button routing. It seems you can use the pick whip when routing buttons. Perhaps you can accomplish what you'd like to do (linking back to the first page via routing). See here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=adobe+encore+mapping+remote+buttons&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&...-b-1#kpvalbx=1
    Quote Quote  
  6. [QUOTE=Brainiac;2546876][QUOTE=luciofulci;2546866]
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post

I haven't made a blu-ray in a long time, so I had to look at some tutorials regarding button routing. It seems you can use the pick whip when routing buttons. Perhaps you can accomplish what you'd like to do (linking back to the first page via routing). See here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=adobe+encore+mapping+remote+buttons&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&...-b-1#kpvalbx=1
    Thanks for the link Brainiac. This shows how to route the buttons but doesn't show you how to link a direction arrow (in my case down) to another page of the menu. However it did give me an idea and I'm happy to say it's working now!

I used the auto activate feature, so when I'm on the page with the audio options, the audio button on the bottom menu auto links to the main page. So basically when the main menu starts you can move along to audio, hit enter and that loads up the audio options with the highlight being on the first option, if you then hit the down button on the remote it moves down to the audio button, which on that page only auto activates and takes you back to the first page, giving the impression that the audio options disappear. Same for the subtitle and extra pages.

What I'm going to try next is making a button in photoshop and change the opacity so it's invisible. Then change the button routing so when I move over to the audio button and press up, it goes to the invisible button which auto activates to bring up the audio options, so it will appear that pressing up on the remote brings up the audio options and pressing down on the remote closes them. The only problem I can foresee is the invisible button will be highlighted when activated but I seem to recall you can different highlight groups, so I can assign that button highlight group 2 and play with the opacity to make the highlights invisible. All good fun.

Thanks again to all those who replied.

Cheers
    Quote Quote