VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I been trying to install VC500 on my computer. No matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall I get a blank white or black screen on EZGrabber and Arcsoft and is completely undetected in PowerDirector 12. I Virtual dub also I am getting a blank screen. I hear audio fine in both Arcsoft and EZgrabber. This is the error I get in Power Director 12 :

"Cyberlink Power Director could not complete the recording preparation. This may be due to ...

1. Your computer's os may not recognize the device.

2. The capture format not being compliant the industry standard format.

3. There being no time/date stamp information on the tape etc.

I am on Windows 10 Professional i5 8600K and it is a custom built PC if that helps any.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The cheap USB capture devices are hit or miss. Some work some don't. Your problem could be a bad driver or a simple change in the settings. There are some YouTube videos for the Diamond VC 500 that might be helpful. If not you may have to contact Diamond.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I did contact them. They swapped it but also checked the one I sent and it worked on their Windows 10 computer. I am still waiting for a reply from them. It worked on my Windows 7 computer without an issue and issue is only in my Windows 10 computer. Does this adapter have an issue with 8th generation i5 and i7 computers? Any idea why I am only seeing a blank screen in Windows 10?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by RS456 View Post
    I been trying to install VC500 on my computer. No matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall I get a blank white or black screen on EZGrabber and Arcsoft and is completely undetected in PowerDirector 12. I Virtual dub also I am getting a blank screen. I hear audio fine in both Arcsoft and EZgrabber. This is the error I get in Power Director 12 :

"Cyberlink Power Director could not complete the recording preparation. This may be due to ...

1. Your computer's os may not recognize the device.

2. The capture format not being compliant the industry standard format.

3. There being no time/date stamp information on the tape etc.

I am on Windows 10 Professional i5 8600K and it is a custom built PC if that helps any.
    Are you sure that the Windows 10 drivers installed correctly?
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Also is there a permissions issue? Anything in the Win 10 settings? Any error message in the Event Viewer ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Windows 10 may not allow programs to access video capture devices by default (to prevent programs from surreptitiously accessing a webcam, for example) . You have to set the permissions. Someone posted how to do that here a few days ago.

Also, the capture device may show up as more than one source, sometimes with cryptic names. Try each of them.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    As far as I know no such issues. How do I check?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Anonymous23
    Double check that the drivers were installed properly as was previously mentioned. I've been using the VC500 and when I fist plugged it in Windows misidentified and auto-installed an 'eHome receiver' driver. So I had to manual uninstall that in Device Manager and then use the driver CD again to load the correct driver.
    Also check to see if it is set the the right region I had to change mine to ntsc_m.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Actually I vaguely remember seeing that. Under what will that be under in device manager?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Anonymous23
    I'm going from memory here - but in Device Manager I recall the eHome driver was listed under USB Controllers. I uninstalled that and then installed the correct driver and it is now listed under Sound, video,game controller as USB2.0 Video Capture.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    It looks like I no longer have it. I have the USB 2.0 Video and Audio capture under Sound video game controllers. But under USB controllers I now have two Usb Composite Devices. But I still get the blank screen.
    Last edited by RS456; 1st Apr 2019 at 10:05.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by RS456 View Post
    As far as I know no such issues. How do I check?
    I don't have a VC500, but the drivers for other capture devices that I have owned were always listed under "Sound, video and game controllers" in Device Manager.

Device Manager lists a category called "Unknown devices" if there is some device for which drivers have not been installed. If "Unknown devices" isn't present, then drivers were installed for all devices, although perhaps not the correct drivers.

You might also want to look at the FAQs for the VC500: https://www.diamondmm.com/faqs-video-capture/ Among other things, the FAQs contain instructions for manually installing Windows 10 drivers if Windows can't find them and tell you how to make sure that your VC500 is a version with Windows 10 support.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Tried it still no success. Driver is there like it should be in Device Manager without alert. But I only see a blank screen. It seems like a common problem in clean install Windows 10 computers.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have one of these (AKA EzGrabber). Used it extensively about a year ago to copy from VHS. Win 10 has been updated a few times since. Tried it yesterday and got no picture. Started the copy anyway and got a good copy. I suspect a driver issue, but who knows?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    "Ez Grabber Windows 10 Update (Fixes Missing Video Preview)" -> https://www.diamondmm.com/product/diamond-vc500-one-touch-video-capture-edit-stream/#t...port-downloads
    (last link at bottom of downloads page)
    Quote Quote