VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've used DVD shrink to copy DVDs for many years without problems but starting today, when I click "backup" it says "to enable burning, please install Nero". But Nero 2015 is installed and I haven't upgraded it or changed it in any way. And it was working without problems until today. I get this message even if I open Nero before I open DVD shrink! How can I make DVD shrink aware that Nero is installed?

Dave
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    As an alternative to Nero, you might look to our DVD Shrink page:
    'Download DVD Shrink for Imgburn, DVD Shrink with builtin DVD burning using ImgBurn.'

But other members may have better suggestions.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks but I would much rather get it working with Nero again - surely this should be possible?

Dave
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    start dvd shrink - click edit - preferences - file I/O - check enable burning with nero
    Quote Quote  
  5. That was already checked.

Dave
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try uninstalling and reinstalling dvd shrink
    Quote Quote  
  7. I've just reinstalled both Nero and DVD Shrink, but I'm still getting the same message in DVD Shrink: "To enable burning, please install Nero." And yet it was recognising Nero until very recently! I ran the ccCleaner registry cleaner after uninstalling Nero - but when i reinstalled Nero it somehow knew my serial number, so some registry entries must have been missed by both the uninstall process and by ccCleaner.

Is there any solution to this other than reformatting my hard disk and reinstalling all of my hundreds of applications? (Or using Imageburn, but I shouldn't have to do that and I really don't want another burning software package bloating my computer)?

Dave
    Quote Quote  
  8. I've just followed the instructions here to install the version of DVD Shrink that supposedly uses Imageburn (i.e. I installed Imageburn, then downloaded the file
    "DVD Shrink 3.2 Mod - Replace .exe file to Add ImgBurn.rar", and replaced my copy of C:\Program Files\DVD Shrink\DVD Shrink 3.2.exe with the version contained in the rar file) - and I then ran DVD Shrink, and when I clicked on the Backup tab, it STILL says "to enable burning, please install Nero". What on earth could be causing the problem?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Both DVDShrink and the old version of Nero from when DVDShrink was new, both are really beyond their used bydate. Why bother with Nero when IMGBurn is a much better program.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  10. DVD Shrink doesn't recognise Imageburn either.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's an old program that hasn't been updated since 2004. Give up on a one stop shop and run Nero or your DVD Authoring program of choice manually after shrinking.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  12. It shouldn't need to be updated. It worked perfectly until 2 weeks ago.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Then something has probably changed in your PC that has broken the link. Your problem has been reported by other since 2010 at least. Maybe you should rummage around for a very old version of Nero...... Good luck in your quest..

Have a look at this link https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1403846
    Quote Quote  
  14. Yes. So my question was, how can I restore the link?
    Quote Quote