VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Thread
  1. Looking for the direct url link to the highest quality video please, not looking to download - just a direct url to the 720p version:

    https://players.brightcove.net/3588749423001/H1Xzd8U6g_default/index.html?videoId=6018253901001

    I can see that 720p is the best, but cant figure out the direct url:

    Code:
    #EXTM3U
    #EXT-X-STREAM-INF:PROGRAM-ID=1,BANDWIDTH=511000,RESOLUTION=480x270
    https://secure.brightcove.com/services/mobile/streaming/index/rendition.m3u8?assetId=6018256560001&secure=true&pubId=3588749423001&videoId=6018253901001
    #EXT-X-STREAM-INF:PROGRAM-ID=1,BANDWIDTH=792000,RESOLUTION=640x360
    https://secure.brightcove.com/services/mobile/streaming/index/rendition.m3u8?assetId=6018256391001&secure=true&pubId=3588749423001&videoId=6018253901001
    #EXT-X-STREAM-INF:PROGRAM-ID=1,BANDWIDTH=992000,RESOLUTION=640x360
    https://secure.brightcove.com/services/mobile/streaming/index/rendition.m3u8?assetId=6018257700001&secure=true&pubId=3588749423001&videoId=6018253901001
    #EXT-X-STREAM-INF:PROGRAM-ID=1,BANDWIDTH=1292000,RESOLUTION=960x540
    https://secure.brightcove.com/services/mobile/streaming/index/rendition.m3u8?assetId=6018257881001&secure=true&pubId=3588749423001&videoId=6018253901001
    #EXT-X-STREAM-INF:PROGRAM-ID=1,BANDWIDTH=1820000,RESOLUTION=960x540
    https://secure.brightcove.com/services/mobile/streaming/index/rendition.m3u8?assetId=6018256705001&secure=true&pubId=3588749423001&videoId=6018253901001
    #EXT-X-STREAM-INF:PROGRAM-ID=1,BANDWIDTH=2122000,RESOLUTION=1280x720
    https://secure.brightcove.com/services/mobile/streaming/index/rendition.m3u8?assetId=6018256807001&secure=true&pubId=3588749423001&videoId=6018253901001
    Last edited by JoeJones; 26th Mar 2019 at 19:55.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Germany
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by JoeJones View Post
    Looking for the direct url link to the highest quality video please, not looking to download - just a direct url to the 720p version:

    https://players.brightcove.net/3588749423001/H1Xzd8U6g_default/index.html?videoId=6018253901001

    I can see that 720p is the best, but cant figure out the direct url:
    Well, it is right there:
    Code:
    https://secure.brightcove.com/services/mobile/streaming/index/rendition.m3u8?assetId=6018256807001&secure=true&pubId=3588749423001&videoId=6018253901001
    I don't understand the question?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by hvq View Post

    I don't understand the question?
    I am not looking to download the m3u8, but instead wondering if there is a direct url to the 720p that will just play it in the browser? Is there a url version with .mp4?
    Last edited by JoeJones; 27th Mar 2019 at 02:41.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by LZAA View Post

    Will that find a mp4 url that i can share with others to play directly in browser?
    Quote Quote  
  5. JoeJones,
    I understand your question, but after playing the stream video with several different browsers, I was unable to find a way to select any higher (720)p resolution to play in the browser. When I choose "player information", it appears that the video is playing 960x540 in the browser. It would be interesting if anyone has an answer to your question. As you said, it is easy to download the 720p resolution. I downloaded it and the video is here:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/61125/sport.mp4
    Another thing: poster LZAA is not a person, but a sophisticated AI computer (bot). You can see the shortcomings of this. You ask a simple question and you get a useless response. Just wait until most businesses use AI bots for phone support. The day is coming.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Max quality offered via http mp4 for this video is 540p.

    720p is available only via hls.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by blimey View Post
    Max quality offered via http mp4 for this video is 540p.
    Good info, can you show me how to get the http mp4 url at 540p?




    poster LZAA is not a person, but a sophisticated AI computer (bot)
    Thank you for that info jimdagys
    Last edited by JoeJones; 27th Mar 2019 at 05:54.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Enable dev.tools/network before loading url.

    Watch dev.tools/network for ...
    Code:
    https://edge.api.brightcove.com/playback/v1/accounts/3588749423001/videos/6018253901001
    View response of above in dev.tools/network for list of all video url sources.
    Code:
    http://brightcove.vo.llnwd.net/v1/uds/pd/3588749423001/201903/2320/3588749423001_6018257589001_6018253901001.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by blimey View Post
    Enable dev.tools/network before loading url.

    Watch dev.tools/network for ...
    Code:
    https://edge.api.brightcove.com/playback/v1/accounts/3588749423001/videos/6018253901001
    View response of above in dev.tools/network for list of all video url sources.
    Code:
    http://brightcove.vo.llnwd.net/v1/uds/pd/3588749423001/201903/2320/3588749423001_6018257589001_6018253901001.mp4
    Thanks blimey!
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm able to get what you got:
    Code:
    https://edge.api.brightcove.com/playback/v1/accounts/3588749423001/videos/6018253901001
    But when I put that into any browser, I get error message:
    [{"error_code":"INVALID_POLICY_KEY","message":"Requ est policy key is missing or invalid"}]
    What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by jimdagys View Post
    I'm able to get what you got:
    Code:
    https://edge.api.brightcove.com/playback/v1/accounts/3588749423001/videos/6018253901001
    For the above url, view the response tab in dev.tools/network directly. The text in the response tab may be copied ...

    Select all (Ctrl+A)
    Copy (Ctrl+C)

    and pasted into a text editor for easier viewing.

    Accessing the above url directly requires the policy key to be included in the header.

    So, it is easier to just obtain the data directly from the response tab in dev.tools/network.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Blimey,
    Thank you for taking the time to explain more clearly. I was able to duplicate what you did. I still have a question, though. The mp4 that you got and posted above (and I got from your further explanations):
    Code:
    http://brightcove.vo.llnwd.net/v1/uds/pd/3588749423001/201903/2320/3588749423001_6018257589001_6018253901001.mp4
    plays only in 960x540. (When playing the stream mp4, you can right click and download it and then play in vlc and vlc says it is 960x540).
    So, when JoeJones says he wants a higher resolution than 960x540, what is the point in all the work you did, since you can just play the original url that he gave and it will also play at 960x540. The video I downloaded with Tubedigger and gave a link to (above videohelp link) will play in vlc at higher resolution, 1280x738.
    At any rate, below is a screenshot (with red circles showing the important points) that shows how I got the mp4 that you got.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	241.9 KB
ID:	48508  

    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by jimdagys View Post
    The mp4 that you got and posted above (and I got from your further explanations):
    Code:
    http://brightcove.vo.llnwd.net/v1/uds/pd/3588749423001/201903/2320/3588749423001_6018257589001_6018253901001.mp4
    plays only in 960x540. (When playing the stream mp4, you can right click and download it and then play in vlc and vlc says it is 960x540).
    So, when JoeJones says he wants a higher resolution than 960x540, what is the point in all the work you did, since you can just play the original url that he gave and it will also play at 960x540. The video I downloaded with Tubedigger and gave a link to (above videohelp link) will play in vlc at higher resolution, 1280x738.
    I mentioned to JoeJones here that the max quality offered via http mp4 for this video is 540p, and that 720p was only available via hls (m3u8). JoeJones replied (here) that he still wanted to find the http mp4;


    Originally Posted by JoeJones View Post
    Originally Posted by blimey View Post
    Max quality offered via http mp4 for this video is 540p.
    Good info, can you show me how to get the http mp4 url at 540p?
    Also, JoeJones mentioned in his original post to this thread that he didn't want to download the video, but, for some reason, wanted a direct http mp4 url;

    Originally Posted by JoeJones View Post
    Looking for the direct url link to the highest quality video please, not looking to download - just a direct url to the 720p version:

    https://players.brightcove.net/3588749423001/H1Xzd8U6g_default/index.html?videoId=6018253901001

    I can see that 720p is the best, but cant figure out the direct url:
    Even though a direct http mp4 url for the 720p resolution isn't available, he still wanted, for some reason, the 540p direct http mp4 url.

    As to the point of it all, or as to why he didn't want to download the video, but only wanted a direct http mp4 url for the video, you'd have to ask JoeJones.

    Maybe he wants to embed the video, or link (or play) the video on a device that doesn't support the brightcove html5 hls (m3u8) native player.

    These are all questions for JoeJones.

    I just assumed that JoeJones had his reasons, and supplied what he wanted, after advising him that it wasn't available at the highest resolution.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads