VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a litte project for myself going to make an uncut version of a popular anime in german dub. In germany that anime was produced in a cut form, with many scenes edited and ending, next episode preview and eyecatcher missing. I obtained the original, uncut, japanese episodes and want to dub them with my german dub, with japanese audio filling the parts that were cut.

So basically my goal is to mix german and japanese audio together to form a german uncut track with japanese playing during those parts that are missing from the original dub.

So far I used Audacity for this and while it does the job, it's horribly time consuming cuz everything has to be done by hand.

Are there any tools available that can help me get the job done faster? For example a tool that lets me compare cut and uncut video frame by frame at the same time including both audio tracks and cut and paste tracks from one place to another.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You would need a multi-track NLE for this but even then it is not so simple for comparing frames.

Your Japanese source might well be 29.97 fps and your German source 25 fps (audio is unimportant since it does not use frames)

So matching to the Japanese source is still a manual process. No tool can speed this up.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Your Japanese source might well be 29.97 fps and your German source 25 fps (audio is unimportant since it does not use frames)
    I already took care of that by speeding up all japanese 23.976 video and tracks to 25FPS.
    Quote Quote