VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    And ignore the fact that you hijacked the topic with your drivel about formatting. Complete with yt link.

And ignore any other comment that you conveniently choose to.

I have made my point now. And I apologise to the OP for contributing to off-topic comments. If you continue to do so in this vein I will continue to report you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    bokehraton

I got out my Sony HI-8 TRV87 and noticed when in playback mode if you go to the menu there is a TBC option. If yours has the option the BMD Intensity Shuttle should work but I cannot garantee it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try the old fashioned way.Connect the videocam to your TV and also connect a VCR to the TV,Then record to the VCR as you playback.Then disconnect the VCR from the TV and connect the VCR to your computer via a capture card.[SHOCK HORROR I use EzCAP]THis was always successful for me,until my Sony videocam went to tech heaven.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^ A suggestion but not, IMO, a very good one. Putting the footage on to VHS will degrade the quality and I see no reason to do that via a tv output (if the tv supports it) since you could go direct from the camera to the VCR.

But even then it will not solve the OPs issues. For some reason he can not get his capture devices to work or atleast record video. It may be a setting he has overlooked or something more fundamental. Either way that is the root of the issue not the initial video source.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    if you still cannot get a picture,then in the win10 search box,type in reliability history and left click on the app.If there are any red flags,select view tech details on each one in turn.this will give you a page of info on each problem and use this to search for an answer,if available.
    Also,in the search box,type in dxdiag and check your Directx pages for any notifiable problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't see the question, surprised nobody asked.
    Are you using Win10? If so, that could be part of the problem. It fights video capturing.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    I don't see the question, surprised nobody asked.
    Are you using Win10? If so, that could be part of the problem. It fights video capturing.
    The OPs system specs mention Win10. I also eluded to this in reply #28 which could have been lost in all the drivel around at that time.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Never had any problems with USb Live2 and 64-bit Windows 10 Home using AmarecTv (v3.10). Whenever I've tried Virtualdub or Virtualdub2 on the same system then I've only had the usual audio sync issues with the captured material. Huffyuv, Lagarith, UT Video, x264vfw and MagicYUV (free v1.2) all work fine.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    would that little copy protect switch on the tape cassette itself
    prevent the video from being captured ??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    would that little copy protect switch on the tape cassette itself
    prevent the video from being captured ??
    But isn't that a over-record protect rather than a copy protect.

But we have a respondent that has no issues with a USB-Live2 and Win10. I would have thought that properly written drivers would have over-written any quirks that an OS had. So maybe the OP needs to revisit Hauppauge and get the latest drivers.

Even so. I still do not see any response to my basic suggestion to use the provided utilities. That, in the very least, should proove that the hardware works. What we never know is if any other 'enhancements' have borked a perfectly good system.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    bokehraton,is this thread still active or is your oroblem solved?
    Quote Quote