VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, I use XMediaRecode for a long time for video conversion.
    Now I installed this for a friend on his Acer laptop. The whole fuctionality is fine except in the filters/preview tab. Here I cannot see the video, I have only a white area. I can playback the loaded video or dvd, but there is audio only, so for this I cannot cut the video.

The conversion of the video into other formats works fine, after this I can view the converted with VLC or MediaPlayer Classic.
    I had installed the KLite MegaCodecPack, but there is no change.

The System of the laptop is Windows 7 and is has a nVidia Graphics (I can't find any updates for this card!).
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You might try a temporary install of a different video editor like AVIDemux or similar. If the preview works there, then maybe not a video card problem.

I have run XMediaRecode, but on W10, with no problems.
    But other members may have some better ideas.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    This is a little bit crazy: I installed Avidemux. There I have the video, but no audio!! The loudspeaker symbol and the slider are greyed out, so I can't use it. Do you have any ideas why?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Krause View Post
    This is a little bit crazy: I installed Avidemux. There I have the video, but no audio!! The loudspeaker symbol and the slider are greyed out, so I can't use it. Do you have any ideas why?
    Have you looked in Preferences/Audio/Audiodevice to see what options are there?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    The problem is solved, thank you for your help.

In avidemux I switched the audio device ti win32 and now it works fine.

For xmedia recode I got the idea to install a nvidia graphics driver from the Asus driver download page. I think, Windows had used its own driver before, which didn't work in xmedia recode. Now all is fine and I have a video picture.
    Quote Quote