VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I'm trying to sync an audio from my PAL DVD (AC3) to the video of an NTSC DVD (H265 inside mkv). In most cases I only need to speed up the video from 23.976 fps to 25fps via MKVtoolnix and sync one single Keyframe via Avidemux. I put that delay into MKVtoolnix and everything is in sync.

Now I have 2 problems:

1.) Sometimes I need to slightly adjust the audio, like stretching a small piece or adding silence to a black frame to get it in sync midway through the video.
    My plan was to load the audio on Adobe Audition and edit it. Problem is, Audition does not support AC3, so I need to save the Audio as WAV I guess and later convert it back to AC3. What would be the best way/tool to do this?

2.) I also need to get the video in Adobe Audition but it also does not support mkv. My play was to convert the video (just for the editing process). Later I will muxx the edited audio to the original h265 mkv. Does that makes sense or is there a better way to work?

Thank you very much, and sorry for the newb questions.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Well, if you load the video into AoA Audio Extractor Basic, it'll save it as WAV audio for later use in an audio program. That's what I do. You can convert it back to AC3 or whatever later on, after the editing is done.
    Quote Quote  
  3. AC3 to WAV
    Code:
    @ffmpeg -hide_banner -v 32 -stats -y  -i %filename% -vn -sn -dn -c:a pcm_f32le -f wav "%~n1.wav"
    Quote Quote