VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have multiple .ts files that i want to batch convert losslesly to .mkv

I have found this ffmpeg bat file that do the job except adding language id.

for %%a in ("*.ts") do ffmpeg -i "%%a" -vcodec copy -acodec copy "%%~na.mkv"
    pause
    All my files have just video and one audio no subtitles.

Its very frustrating to remux with mkvtoolnix gui and manualy add english tag for audio.

If i use first bat file to remux .ts to .mkv and then this bat file

for %%a in (*.mkv) do "C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvpropedit.exe" "%%a" --edit track:a1 --set language=eng
    i finally get files like i want them. Could some nice person help me get this done with just one bat file.
    Last edited by Learning2do; 22nd Mar 2019 at 20:11. Reason: Typos fixed and better wording.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Learning2do View Post
    I have found this ffmpeg bat file that do the job except adding language id.
    for %%a in ("*.ts") do ffmpeg -i "%%a" -vcodec copy -acodec copy "%%~na.mkv"
    pause
    All my files have just video and one audio no subtitles.
    Changing your bat file slightly to that shown below should do what you want.
    Code:
    for %%a in ("*.ts") do ffmpeg -i "%%a" -c:v copy -c:a copy -metadata:s:a:0 language=eng "%%~na.mkv"
    pause
    Quote Quote  
  3. Code:
    for %%a in ("*.ts") do ffmpeg -i "%%a" -map 0 -c copy -metadata:s:a:0 language=eng "%%~na.mkv"
    pause
    Quote Quote  
  4. @video.baba
    @pandy
    Thank you for your help. You both made my life a lot easier.
    Quote Quote