VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am having problems with a sort of horizontal jumpy jerky playback on my video recordings. My camera is on a tripod but it looks as if someone is nudging the camera slightly to the left and right. It comes and goes in shooting but seems to be more pronounced with closer shots and often seems to be triggered by my hand movements in the video (painting demos) It might be best to see part of the video to get an idea of the problem. link is here, best is to go to around 38 sec into the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLh2e3Qg3pU&t=87s

Thanks
    Mark
    Quote Quote  
  2. Has your camera got a stabilization setting? If so make sure it's turned off when using a tripod. It is either that, or vibration is being transferred to the camera via the tripod by the movement of the brush on the canvas.
    Canon C100 mk2 - Dell XPS8700 i7 - Win 10 - 24gb RAM - GTX 1060/6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.3 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - 3 calibrated screens
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you so much ChapmanDolly... I had looked right through the pdf manual troubleshooting section and it didnt cover this problem. Your key word 'stabilization' took me to the 'image stabilizer' (which I knew nothing about) and indeed they tell you to select 'off' for this function when using a tripod... I am assuming this MUST be the reason for the shaky playback... .. Many thanks again
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    apples? LOL
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. You saw the video Shaky Apples
    Quote Quote