VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    If anybody could help it would be amazing, thank you.
    I downloaded the file that was mentioned in the forum and changed the extension to dvd instead of txt. I made a new folder called Violet0000\Rubicon\ and placed the file in the folder . I then burned the folder to an empty CD-R. I did this two times on two separate discs but when I put it in the player it showed up as a data disc and then said there is no playable content....
    I am a mac user (!), so I did all this on a MacBook Pro .... I burned the disc using an old Pro which has an inbuilt drive and burner. Do I need to make this cd on a PC instead ? I went into file info and changed the extension of the file to “dvd” properly ( I believe) because it prompted me to make sure of the change.
    Many thanks !
    The player is LG BP250. Recent new purchase. UK.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You probably saved the downloaded file as a txt.file. The instructions tell you NOT to do this.

On my system you can change the file to .dvd BEFORE you save it and then you end up with a file of 4 bytes.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the reply!
    (I THINK) I saved it properly as a .dvd after downloading it , because I went into the file info (command I) and changed it that way in “name & extensions” . It was definitely 4k.... it is a plain text document and if I open it , it only looks like it contains one single character....Does this sound wrong? ...I then created a new folder to put this file in and called it rubicon etc etc.
    Thank you for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LD2 View Post
    Thanks for the reply!
    (I THINK) I saved it properly as a .dvd after downloading it , because I went into the file info (command I) and changed it that way in “name & extensions” . It was definitely 4k.... it is a plain text document and if I open it , it only looks like it contains one single character....Does this sound wrong? ...I then created a new folder to put this file in and called it rubicon etc etc.
    Thank you for your help.
    Where did you download this file from ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    if you follow the instructions here - https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks?dvdplayer=LG+BP+250+&hits=50&Search=Search
    it should work.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yes I have tried following the steps quite a few times already. It doesn’t seem to work for me. I downloaded the file, changed it to .dvd extension so that it becomes a ‘document ‘ instead of a txt file. I did this with command I and changed it in “name & extensions”
    I then made a folder named violet0000 and a folder named rubicon , And placed the file inside the rubicon folder and the rubicon folder inside the violet0000 folder.
    I burned the violet folder to disc
    The disc shows up on my Blu-ray as a data disc. It shows ‘rubicon ‘ but tells me there is no playable content ...?
    So my question is what dis I do wrong and how can I make it work? There must be a way if other people have figured it out... I am using a Mac. Does this matter?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Like I already said. The saved file is NOT a plain text document. On my windows system I can only open it by forcing notepad to read it.

I do not know how this works on a Mac. In windows there are only two 'save' options after the download. 1) as a .txt file and 2) as 'all files' from a drop-down selector. The second one was chosen and after altering the file extension to .dvd I saved it.

(unfortunately the system will not allow me to upload this file as an attachment)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi,
    Thanks so much for your reply.
    Yes I do believe I have saved it correctly . It becomes a “document “ on a mac after converting from a text file. It’s is a dvd extension, not a txt. I think the problem possibly lies in the way I have burned it.. not in the way I have saved it? If anybody has done this on a mac, any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Kindest regards
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Reading down the page from the link as referred to by october262 one respondent mentions the file system you should burn the CD as

ISO9660+Joliet Level 1 mode.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thank you very much for your advice.
    Yes I saw that but I dont think it applies to me as a mac user. We don’t get given the chance to choose Such options in the first place. And Joliet is windows as far as I can tell. Which I guess is the frustrating thing about using a mac. The general user is not allowed to make changes to the way things have already been decided , it is all a bit “computer says no”. Almost like it’s the opposite of what Apple says they stand for - you are allowed to Imagine there is another amazing world out there.. .BUT .. only if it is their world and you must play by their rules...It is quite a controlled world.
    Still, there must be a way to do this on a mac.....I will keep looking...
    Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well according to Wiki, MacOS will read Joliet so one would expect it to be able to write a CD using it.

But if this is peculiar to a Mac and you do not have access to a Windows system and a program such as imgburn that should create the proper disk for you then I suggest you create a specific topic about writing 1SO9660+Joliet in the Mac forum
    Quote Quote  
  12. Ah yes thank you for the info! That is a great idea. I am going to do a bit more research first. Thanks again!
    Quote Quote