VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a lot of videos I made with OBS Recorder and I used the rectangle box to crop out unwanted portions. The problem is it's not a true crop, it still captures the full 1920x1080 area but adds black borders around everything. Is there a video editor/converter that can crop out the same exact dimensions of multiple videos without re-encoding?
    Windows 7 64-bit, MPC-HC 1.7.8, Icaros 2.2.7
    Quote Quote  
  2. You cannot crop the frame without reencoding. Every video editor has the ability to crop and reencode. By the way, OBS has the ability to record only a portion of the screen.
    Quote Quote  
  3. How do I record a portion of the screen? I held down alt while adjusting the box.
    Quote Quote  
  4. In the Settings dialog, under Video.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The video is off-center even when making the horizontal dimension wider or shorter and tweaking the box to the left or right. It's better than nothing I guess. Also do you know how to record during full-screen? Not games, but watching videos in fullscreen from the browser.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Not possible to capture the browser videos?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    1 Sounds like you are cropping to non-16x9 ratios and then showing in full screen on 16x9 screen. Which will always pad back borders on playback. If that is not what you are doing, be clearer & more exact on steps.

2 Donít record a streamed recording, just DL the stream. And if you canít do that due to copyright protections, that also means you shouldnít be recording the playback. Itís possible, but I wonít go into how.

3 Not sure what you are doing wrong WRT cropping, but when I use OBS I can specify whatever rectangular section I want. Just so happens I have dual screens so I almost always set it up to record 1 screen while I operate OBS on the other. Get perfect recording, bitrate, size every time.

Scott
    Quote Quote