VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a lot of videos I made with OBS Recorder and I used the rectangle box to crop out unwanted portions. The problem is it's not a true crop, it still captures the full 1920x1080 area but adds black borders around everything. Is there a video editor/converter that can crop out the same exact dimensions of multiple videos without re-encoding?
    Windows 10, MPC-BE
    Quote Quote  
  2. You cannot crop the frame without reencoding. Every video editor has the ability to crop and reencode. By the way, OBS has the ability to record only a portion of the screen.
    Quote Quote  
  3. How do I record a portion of the screen? I held down alt while adjusting the box.
    Windows 10, MPC-BE
    Quote Quote  
  4. In the Settings dialog, under Video.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The video is off-center even when making the horizontal dimension wider or shorter and tweaking the box to the left or right. It's better than nothing I guess. Also do you know how to record during full-screen? Not games, but watching videos in fullscreen from the browser.
    Windows 10, MPC-BE
    Quote Quote  
  6. Not possible to capture the browser videos?
    Windows 10, MPC-BE
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    1 Sounds like you are cropping to non-16x9 ratios and then showing in full screen on 16x9 screen. Which will always pad back borders on playback. If that is not what you are doing, be clearer & more exact on steps.

2 Don’t record a streamed recording, just DL the stream. And if you can’t do that due to copyright protections, that also means you shouldn’t be recording the playback. It’s possible, but I won’t go into how.

3 Not sure what you are doing wrong WRT cropping, but when I use OBS I can specify whatever rectangular section I want. Just so happens I have dual screens so I almost always set it up to record 1 screen while I operate OBS on the other. Get perfect recording, bitrate, size every time.

Scott
    Quote Quote