VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    No, the 704x480 already accounts for that.
    480 includes head switch lines, Vertical burst, Caption, Macrovision ...etc, All that junk is included in the 480 lines, otherwise it wouldn't be captured with the capture card. So the active video frame is about 702x460.
    Last edited by dellsam34; 23rd Mar 2019 at 22:36. Reason: miss spell
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I swear, this is the crap that takes all the fun out of video editing. I think I'm going to just pay someone to do my project for me instead of wasting time reading a bunch of sh__t that I have no knowledge about.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by unclescoob View Post
    I swear, this is the crap that takes all the fun out of video editing. I think I'm going to just pay someone to do my project for me instead of wasting time reading a bunch of sh__t that I have no knowledge about.
    Yes that's exactly what you need.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by unclescoob View Post
    ...I mean it won't even open my mpeg-2. But...um....I thought this was the whole point of virtualdub, to open MPEG-2s.
    Virtual Dub never opened VOBs/MPGs. Most people use AviSynth scripts and MPEG2Source to open DVDs in VDub. If you want to open MPEG-2 video in something, then use the newer Virtual Dub 2. It opens most kinds of video directly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by unclescoob View Post
    all the fun out of video editing.
    That statement really is an oxymoron.

I've almost never found editing to be fun. Restoring, sure. Conversion, sure. Watching, definitely. But editing is akin to a visit to the dentist's office (and you don't even get the consolation prize of having a cute dental assistant).
    Quote Quote