VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good Information lingyi, Is this what you call "Banding"? Please examine the attached jpg. [ Verbatim AZO 4.7 GB DVD ]
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	031819_Banding.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	321.1 KB
ID:	48447  

catricric
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the references JohnMeyer.
    catricric
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Click image for larger version

Name:	031819_Banding.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	321.1 KB
ID:	48466
    A reply from a prior post cautioned me about "banding".
    catricric
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by catricric View Post
    Good Information lingyi, Is this what you call "Banding"? Please examine the attached jpg. [ Verbatim AZO 4.7 GB DVD ]
    Yes, it may indicate that the burner is struggling to properly burn the data at a constant speed. Just remembered something else to watch for. Watch for Buffer Underrun errors (which may also cause banding). Buffer Underrun errors are caused by the data not being send to the burner quick enough (i.e. the burner is waiting for the data to continue). This can be caused by a slow hard drive or not enough available memory to keep the buffer full. Ideally, you shouldn't be doing anything else while you're burning your discs, especially anything that accesses the hard drive you're feeding the data to the burner from.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Lingyi:

Unless you have something else, I have to believe that "buffer underrun" is at the base of my problem. Using other programs while burning was always a concern that I dismissed and thought... it can't be, the burning application (at the time 'DVDClone') wouldn't allow for a successful burn if it were so.

I needed to get other work done and thought burning a disk in the background would be okay. In hindsight, I believe this explains the pausing, freezing and skipping as well. Moving forward, I will only burn disks when no other programs are in use and use ImgBurn as well as add more memory.

My only remaining question is when ImgBurn displays "NO ERRORS" after a burn does that include 'buffer underrun errors'...?

Thanks, you have been a tremendous help!
    catricric
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's been years since I've burned a disc, but as I recall, buffer underruns won't show up as errors as long as it doesn't stop the burn from completing.

Burn both SL and DL discs under your normal conditions and post the logs from Imgburn. They will show anything odd (including buffer underruns) that's happening during the burn.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Will post ImgBurn logs, standby.
    catricric
    Quote Quote