VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I often download dual audio files, mainly anime, where the default audio language is set to english, and the subtitles are often set to signs/songs.

I used to manually select japanese audio/english subtitles when playing these files on my tv, but that has become such a hassle. So i found MKVToolnix, which works fine, and i can change the default audio/subtitles. But i have to change every file separately, since if i select all the files at once, it just creates one big video file instead of seperate videos (or i'm doing it wrong).

I've been looking up guides to do this, but almost every guide has these lines of code, which i really dont understand at all . Isnt there some easy way or program, to change the default audio/subtitles for a whole batch of videos?
    Quote Quote  
  2. jmkvpropedit (3rd party GUI for mkvtoolnix's mkvpropedit)

Originally Posted by GiesbertsN View Post
    since if i select all the files at once, it just creates one big video file instead of seperate videos (or i'm doing it wrong).
    Sounds like you are wasting time remuxing instead of using the Header Editor which can alter flags in seconds. But it doesn't have a batch mode so you are better off using jmkvpropedit anyways. (Unless you need to copy your files to USB or something, then you might as well remux.)
    Last edited by sneaker; 13th Mar 2019 at 12:26.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I was in the same position as the topic creator. I had no problem changing the tracks with MKVToolNix, but I had over 100 files and it was killing my hand after doing the first 20 one by one. I tried selecting the rest of the files at once, but I still had to change the tracks for each one, and afterward it saved everything onto the first track, making one big file. I wish I would have looked this up in the first place though, because jmkvpropedit works. It even saves the changes in each file, rather than creating a new file for each video like MKVToolNix was doing. The only thing it didn't do was move the the new default track to the first slot. It just keeps it in the second slot and the original default remains in the first slot. However, this doesn't seem to matter, as all of the files I checked were still playing the new default automatically. So this will save you a lot of trouble.
    Quote Quote