VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to reposition subtitles on many files and it seems tedious. Is there a way to reposition all subtitles in mutiple files?
    Quote Quote  
  2. What is the source subtitle format and container? What is the target subtitle format, container and player?
    Quote Quote  
  3. It is in .ass format and i intend to keep it at that. I edit in aegisub, i mostly play them through vlc or via plex video player. And what do you mean by format?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Do all your .ass files use the same style(s)? Try SubtitleEdit: "Tools"->"Batch Convert". Add all .ass files, choose "Advanced Sub Station Alpha" and change the "Style".
    Quote Quote  
  5. Not seeing a style option.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The "Style" button only appears after you have selected the "Advanced Sub Station Alpha" format.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I dont get that choise though, it says Advanced Sub Station Alpha next to the subtitle when i add one to the list. I don't choose it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Image
    [Attachment 48337 - Click to enlarge]

If that option isn't there maybe your SubtitleEdit version is outdated.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Yeah understand it now. where do i write the position coordinates now?
    Quote Quote  
  10. In the Style menu you can set margins or directly edit the raw ASS header. You haven't said what exact type of positioning you need.
    Image Attached Thumbnails ass-specs.pdf  

Quote Quote  
  11. {\pos(960,1030)} Here is where i want all subtitles to be positioned
    Quote Quote  
  12. Don't make me guess so much ...

So it's 1920x1080 video and you want 50 pixels bottom margin with horizontal center position? In the style select "Bottom/center" alignment and set "Margin vertical" to 50.
    Quote Quote  
  13. That actually worked wonders. Thanks!
    Quote Quote