VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Sometime ago, Potplayer skins, especially the default ones, had a left-click and right-click behavior on the left/right buttons that was very frustrating for a lot of us.
    See this thread from 2015 here.

The preferences cannot change this, it has to be programmed in the skin itself.
    So after many years, we decided to just do it ourselves. Here is the announcement:
    https://youtu.be/bswHQ5Otkmc

You can download the skin here:
    http://tbgentertainment.com/product/daum-potplayer-fixed-default-skin-2019-previous-next-buttons/

The wait is over!!

More specifically, this is the standard default theme with just the left and right-click options for those buttons swapped. Everything else is the same. The default theme is pretty good, it looks great and it has a ton of features in it. There is another skin (Blackbox) that has the desired behavior, but it is a bit of an old skin.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Please check this topic:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/392309-PotPlayer-fMod-skin-edit-request

I miss many features in default skin, so fMod is the only skin with the features I need, just the style is not perfect...

BTW Download link for this new skin doesn't work.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The skin doesn't work as you described.

I've installed it correctly by putting it in the PotPlayer skins folder and switching to it inside the program.

When I hover over the buttons they say L is for Play Next and R is for Seek but that’s not what actually happens. Seek happens instead.

[Attachment 50392 - Click to enlarge]

I've also sent you an email, up to you If you reply here or there.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Unknow0059 View Post
    The skin doesn't work as you described.

I've installed it correctly by putting it in the PotPlayer skins folder and switching to it inside the program.

When I hover over the buttons they say L is for Play Next and R is for Seek but that’s not what actually happens. Seek happens instead.

I've also sent you an email, up to you If you reply here or there.

after years of the old pot player, which now had probs with UHD resolution(blurry interface, even with compatibility mode), i googled(today) for a new player, and somehow i found the new ver. of the potplayer
    and, the next/previous on left mouse click would not do as expected....after more googling i'm finally here, just to say = it works, at least on win10 pro 64bit ver.;
    so it not only shows correctly 'L Play next' but also does that too

so what i did was to download, close potplayer, moved skin file to skins location, opened potplayer and choosed the new skin, done
    you did click on 'apply' first before closing the preferences window, right? altho, right after i changed skins, it already did what i wanted....it actually asked me for admin credentials when i moved the skin file

[Attachment 50925 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, the site is broken and the download button didn't work in the Web Archive page. So I modified the skin myself.
    Thankfully, it was easy enough for me not to have needed any reference or guide, but I'll write a guide for those that don't wanna go through this nor depend on a third-party.
    The instructions can be found here.
    Last edited by Unknow0059; 29th Sep 2020 at 05:02. Reason: Separate thread
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi everyone, thanks for the responses and sorry for not replying and the delay.

Yes, I had issues with wordpress and sharing file links. I swear I used to be able to just do it simply and easily, but with all their security features it made is so hard. I installed like dozens of file sharing plugins etc to try to see what works best. Anyway, site went down, I don't know what I did, probably tweaked it too much. I have it back up, but there's no content. I will put the file back somehow.

Frankly, I did this because I was a little intrigued by the potplayer skin world. This seeking/next issue was so aggravating!! and then there is literally no guides or instructions about how to make skins! This skin file itself is extremely complicated.

There was once a skin, I got it around 2005-2010, it was sooo excellent. I can never find it again and don't even know what it was called or anything. But basically, it was super simple, and had a toolbar on the bottom with ALL the buttons. I mean ALL of them. It was like 3 rows of buttons. The graphics were very simple...flat and no-nonsense. But all those buttons right there was so nice. I have spent hours searching for it on the web, no luck. If anyone were to find it, I probably would attempt to do another collaboration with it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Update:
    I redid the site, and I think the link should work for everyone now. Sorry, and thank you.

http://tbgentertainment.com/
    Quote Quote