VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My code is:

Code:
    sComb(ntsccombmask=true)
    D = QTGMC(Preset="Slower", FPSDivisor=2)
    TFM(D2V="VTS_01_1.d2v", slow=2, cthresh=4, mi=25, clip2=D)
    TDecimate(mode=1)
    FineDehalo(rx=2.0, ry=2.0, thmi=80, thma=128, thlimi=50, thlima=100, darkstr=1.0, brightstr=1.0, showmask=0, contra=0.0, excl=true)
    However it's really really slow. It's encoding at 2.38fps, which takes hours at 2 pass. Is sComb() causing TFM to think the frames are all combed and causes QTGMC to deinterlace them all? I usually get like 8-16fps.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Vitality View Post
    My code is:

Code:
    sComb(ntsccombmask=true)
    TDecimate(mode=1)
    FineDehalo(rx=2.0, ry=2.0, thmi=80, thma=128, thlimi=50, thlima=100, darkstr=1.0, brightstr=1.0, showmask=0, contra=0.0, excl=true)
    However it's really really slow. It's encoding at 2.38fps, which takes hours at 2 pass. Is sComb() causing TFM to think the frames are all combed and causes QTGMC to deinterlace them all? I usually get like 8-16fps.

You can use display=true for TFM to see which frames are actually being deinterlaced (it will overlay info and indicate when deinterlace is applied), then adjust the thresholds and settings to fine tune

What is the CPU usage when running that encode? You can try MT to speedup processing if the script is the problem. Or there can be other issues like maybe other bottlenecks, slow encoding settings, hardware I/O issues . You can run avsmeter to help diagnose problems and that can help you tweak things
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by Vitality View Post
    My code is:

Code:
    sComb(ntsccombmask=true)
    TDecimate(mode=1)

You can use display=true for TFM to see which frames are actually being deinterlaced (it will overlay info and indicate when deinterlace is applied), then adjust the thresholds and settings to fine tune

What is the CPU usage when running that encode? You can try MT to speedup processing if the script is the problem. Or there can be other issues like maybe other bottlenecks, slow encoding settings, hardware I/O issues . You can run avsmeter to help diagnose problems and that can help you tweak things

StaxRip is using 0% of my CPU, and about 132MB of RAM, but "avs2pipemod64.exe" is about 25-30% of my CPU and about 1.2GB of RAM, and x265.exe is using about 10-20% and 200MB of RAM.
    Quote Quote  
  4. run avsmeter to see the fps , and cpu usage for processing the script . You can probably multithread it to speed it up if that's the bottleneck .

for x64

Code:
    avsmeter64 script.avs
    Quote Quote  
  5. Did you try the 'Display=True' addition to TFM as pdr suggested, to see the number of frames being deinterlaced? That CThresh setting is so low that QTGMC will be kicking in all the time and slowing that encode way down unnecessarily.

Is the field matching really so poor that the CThresh has to be so low? Or, alternatively, can you remove that CThresh parameter completely (the default is 9) and use Vinverse for the post-processing?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Did you try the 'Display=True' addition to TFM as pdr suggested, to see the number of frames being deinterlaced? That CThresh setting is so low that QTGMC will be kicking in all the time and slowing that encode way down unnecessarily.

Is the field matching really so poor that the CThresh has to be so low? Or, alternatively, can you remove that CThresh parameter completely (the default is 9) and use Vinverse for the post-processing?
    I removed the sComb() line and the FPS went back to 7. So I think sComb is causing TFM to have QTGMC kick in. I have the sComb line before the IVTC line as real.finder suggested on Doom9. I will see if cthresh at 9 will make it go faster with sComb.

I'm using sComb to remove the rainbowing on my source.

EDIT: Set the cthresh to 9, now it's 3FPS. When everything is removed but sComb it's like 4FPS. So it's 100% sComb doing the the slowdown.
    Last edited by Vitality; 7th Mar 2019 at 18:38.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Vitality View Post
    So it's 100% sComb doing the the slowdown.
    Not exactly. You said 2.38fps with your original script and 3fps with the CThresh changed to 9 and the script otherwise being the same. A roughly 25% improvement. If I understand what you wrote correctly. But, yes, having this sComb in the script accounts for most (75% or so) of the slowdown.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    So it's 100% sComb doing the the slowdown.
    Not exactly. You said 2.38fps with your original script and 3fps with the CThresh changed to 9 and the script otherwise being the same. A roughly 25% improvement. If I understand what you wrote correctly. But, yes, having this sComb in the script accounts for most (75% or so) of the slowdown.
    No, usually it's like 8FPS. I was getting about 8 with TFM/QTGMC and without sComb. Now it's like 2-3FPS now. On a different DVD show I got upwards of 15FPS using CThresh=4 and QTGMC.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Vitality View Post
    No... On a different DVD show I got upwards of 15FPS using CThresh=4 and QTGMC.
    A different DVD so apples to oranges

My code is:

Code:
    sComb(ntsccombmask=true)
    TDecimate(mode=1)
    However it's really really slow. It's encoding at 2.38fps
    Set the cthresh to 9, now it's 3FPS
    I think you're contradicting yourself.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    No... On a different DVD show I got upwards of 15FPS using CThresh=4 and QTGMC.
    A different DVD so apples to oranges

My code is:

Code:
    sComb(ntsccombmask=true)
    TDecimate(mode=1)
    However it's really really slow. It's encoding at 2.38fps
    Set the cthresh to 9, now it's 3FPS
    I think you're contradicting yourself.
    Read my code where I said it was 2.38fps. The CThresh was 4. When I wasn't using sComb it was like 8FPS. 3FPS with the CThresh at 9. This was on the same DVD I'm working with, not the other one that did 15FPS.
    Last edited by Vitality; 7th Mar 2019 at 22:27.
    Quote Quote