VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, im sure some guru will help me with my concern,
    I have a cable box in my home country and im using a tv tuner card to connect that cable box to my computer, now what i want to do watch that cable programme from my home country pc to my current location that is another country, means question is what is reliable connection pc to pc to watch that programmes, i dont want to use teamviever o remote desktop because i have to record that programme and i dont have a very fast connection to move recorded video from one location to other, is that possible a private live streaming so i can access through o any other good solution,
    Regards
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know of a generic solution that works with all PVR software but there are some add-ons for MediaPortal which allow remote access to watch recordings and view TV in real time: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-features/mediaportal-features-mobile Unfortunately I haven't used MediaPortal in over 6 years so I can't really help you with set up or answer questions about the software anymore. However, MediaPortal has a user forum.

[Edit]I forgot about Emby, which may work as a generic solution. Plex is a similar program. I have never had a reason to try either Plex or Emby myself but maybe one of them could do what you want.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 5th Mar 2019 at 13:06.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Plex will do what you want, the results will depend a lot on your internet speed upstream from your home pc and your download speed to whatever device you want to watch on. You may also have to configure port forwards on your home router so you can access the streams anywhere. Plex has good forums and support.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote