VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've been using the same method over and over again and suddenly it gives he same error in the same timespot when converting DV file to DVD.

Workflow is the same, put minidV tape in VCR copy to DV-AVI, put to AVS convert to DVD and suddenly it repeats the same error in Audio part, where it says that audio duration is sorter than expected. All other programs do not intefere, the disk is literally ot used for anything, since it's not OS disk. Retransfered tape, still the same error.

Audio software used inside AVS2DVD is ffmpeg.

The files are standard 30 to 90 minutes DV files.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Log in attachment.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Something about the file? The log clearly states that when processed, the audio is shorter than the video - the log gives the exact
    times that it found.
    Open this clip in Virtualdub2 and select File/Save WAV and write it out. Check the running time and compare to the A2D log.

If the length agrees with video, use this in your A2D project instead of the original audio from the video clip
    Last edited by davexnet; 1st Mar 2019 at 00:54.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The file is a straight from DV tape transfer the audio in the file is fine, when played with any meda player. And the same workflow never returned any errors.

I'll try first with other audio processing options, if all fail, I will have to do it that way...
    Last edited by SF01; 28th Feb 2019 at 13:22. Reason: typos
    Quote Quote  
  5. All options of audio processing give the same result, the time at which the stop appear is constant in all variants. The extraction and switching of audio track helped. But it's still peculiar why this problem occurs in the first palce. I have transffered hundreds of DV tapes to PC and to DVD with AVS and it never happeed, unless I stopped converision manually.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SF01 View Post
    All options of audio processing give the same result, the time at which the stop appear is constant in all variants. The extraction and switching of audio track helped. But it's still peculiar why this problem occurs in the first palce. I have transffered hundreds of DV tapes to PC and to DVD with AVS and it never happeed, unless I stopped converision manually.
    From the log:
    <28.02.2019 18:01:23>
    START AUDIO DEMUXING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    FFmpeg Parameters: -i "K:\Scenalyzer\604103738 - VHS-miniDV\DV'20050625 17.19.01.avi" -c:a copy -vn -sn -y "C:\Users\HP\Videos\20050625 17.19.01_DV'20050625 17.19.01_1.ToFix.wav"
    <>

<28.02.2019 18:01:31>
    END AUDIO DEMUXING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Created File: C:\Users\HP\Videos\20050625 17.19.01_DV'20050625 17.19.01_1.wav (840,3 MB)
    Output Audio Info: PCM - 1536 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 1:16:29 hours (0 ms delay)

As you can see, it is ffmpeg extracting the audio giving the wrong length. The video was 1:22 but the audio 1:16.
    Perhaps download a newer ffmpeg and replace the version a2d uses. See if it makes any difference.
    The version used in A2d appears to be from 2014
    Quote Quote  
  7. Well, it never behaved like this before. Which ffmpeg files should I replace, as I already have the latest build downloaded.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, it never behaved like this before. Which ffmpeg files should I replace, as I already have the latest build downloaded.
    just rename the old one to .old and copy the new exe file in
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ffmpeg.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	48242  

Quote Quote  
  9. OK, I'll try it with next conversion and report the results.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Now the error appears immidiately with video encoding saying that video is shorter (00:00:00) than expected...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Manolito also says this in the link he provided above:
    The latest and highly recommended version which works under Win XP and does not require to modify the "PATH" variable is this one from July 2016 by rogerdpack:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffm...e.zip/download
    Give that version a try. If it still fails post the log again
    Quote Quote  
  12. I don't have windows XP. And I alredy have the latest version of ffmpeg, which I have used for other stuff. How do I integrate it into AVS?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't have windows XP. And I alredy have the latest version of ffmpeg, which I have used for other stuff. How do I integrate it into AVS?
    It's not an xp only version, but it's compatible with xp
    Quote Quote  
  14. I know. I'll try to add those two directories to the environment variables and put new ffmpeg into AVS folder and see what happens.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know. I'll try to add those two directories to the environment variables and put new ffmpeg into AVS folder and see what happens.
    OK sounds good just make sure to use 32 bit ffmpeg
    Quote Quote  
  16. Well, that changes the game...

I'll then download the 32bit July 2016 version and put it in the AVS folder...
    Quote Quote  
  17. Nope, the problem still persists, the video is 45 minutes, ffmpeg stops at 30 minutes and the whole DVD burning process returns an error, because audio is shorter. Manual copying audio via commandline ffmpeg gives the same error.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Provide a source file that exhibits the problem and I'll take a look
    Quote Quote  
  19. i have already put the video into vegas, rendered audio as wave and replaced the audio track in AVS. dvd dumped = file deleted...
    Quote Quote