VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Afternoon All,

I've searched the net, and tried various tools but with no luck, so here goes

I am targeting MKV container with H.264 video conversion and AC3 audio ( which I typically copy rather than convert).

I have a vob file which some players play audio and some don't (VLC does play the audio) - so presume there is something wrong with the audio in some way. The Video and Audio length metadata are both incorrect, but the video plays to the end regardless of this.

When I load the VOB file into XMediaRecode it does not detect the audio track at all.

I have also tried to convert the VOB using VLC and I also loose the audio. In VLC i have tried both copying the audio and converting (AC3 to AAC) it using the bit rate and sampling rate settings to match the original audio settings. The conversion target i used was MP4.

I've uploaded the MediaInfo details.

I have this same problem with about 10% of my media collection.

Any and all help gratefully received.

Thanks in advance
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	a.png
Views:	76
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	48226  

Quote Quote  
  2. Try extracting the AC3 audio using DGIndex. Open the VOB, go File->Save Project. It'll give you a D2V project file and the AC3 audio. If it doesn't complain about anything in the process, you should be able to use that audio afterwards without problem.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks - I played around with ffmpeg and have managed to convert the vob to mp4 with a valid audio stream using the command …

ffmpeg.exe -analyzeduration 2147483647 -probesize 2147483647 -i vts_1_00.vob -c:v copy -c:a aac -ar 48000 -ac 6 -ab 448000 -max_muxing_queue_size 1024 out.mp4

This showed the audio stream had multiple errors, hence why I needed all the optional flags to force the command to run, however it did convert. I will also try the above suggestion as this may be simpler for my other vob files.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I also suggest re-ripping your sources, as it sounds like they're corrupted. Maybe a managed-copy rip like can be done with ISOBuster.

Scott
    Quote Quote