VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. DVD MDisc is good or bad media?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    As far as the quality of the burn, it's slightly better than average. Not as consistently great as the old TY or MAM-A stuff, but consistently good. It's big selling point is the claim that it is supposed to last a LONG time. Only time will tell if they're truly correct.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD MDiscs were tested by the US Navy for data archiving, and I believe it did the best of anything they tested. Bluray MDiscs on the other hand don't have any trial tests from anyone, so those simply have hype behind those.
    Quote Quote  
  4. KarMa, given the company's claims about them, I would hope that MDISC did the best in the Navy's tests. I actually have an MDisc capable burner and have been thinking of using them for long-term archival for certain material. I really want to know how they stack up against the current (JVC) TY media and its old TY predecessors though.
    Specs: Mac Mini (Early 2006): 1.66 GHz Intel Core Duo CPU, 320GB HDD, 2GB DDR2 RAM, Intel GMA 950 integrated graphics card, Matshita UJ-846 Superdrive, Mac OS X 10.5.7 and various peripherals. System runs Final Cut Express 3.5 for editing.
    Quote Quote  
  5. MDisc DVD has the same construction of glue, plastic and dye for the common midoas? how does it behave stored at 30 - 35 ° C?

how to store properly for humidity and temperature have little influence on degrade mdisc dvd disk?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    powatrin,
    I know who you are, and you should seek mental help to stop this obsessive behavior.
    To the other members...no answer or explanation will satisfy this poster and stop the forthcoming endless repeating of the same. Sorry, probably a nice person, just has an issue, in my opinion.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I alerted the mods as soon as I saw this post (the question was too, too familiar) that he was almost certainly gamemanico, gamemanico2, samus87, mediafiles87 (all under which he was banned) as well as few other names. Give him a little time and he'l hang himself and get banned yet again!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If there's any question that this is gamemanico.

From his latest endless thread at digitalfaq.com:

[Attachment 48291 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 48294 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote