VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Matrox, Pinnacle and Canopus were far from problem-free.
    Each made some great cards, and some not-great cards, but all had quirks.

The cards usually still work, you just need a legacy OS for the legacy hardware.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS

2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    Matrox, Pinnacle and Canopus were far from problem-free.
    Each made some great cards, and some not-great cards, but all had quirks.

The cards usually still work, you just need a legacy OS for the legacy hardware.
    WTF dude? No one stated the cards from Matrox, Pinnacle and Canopus were problem free. In fact I stated that there were driver issues and bugs in the software. I stated overall the hardware worked. Please stop repeating what I post. To be specific the DV Storm had problems when using the trim editor of Premiere with Windows 2000. Window 98 worked just fine.

3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by medeamajic View Post
    Some people try use software to capture uncompressed with the cheap USB 2.0 capture cards but the bandwidth is not there.
    You
    USB 2.0 has sufficient bandwidth for uncompressed/lossless capturing.
    Lordsmurf, I should have said USB 2.0 does not have the bandwidth to capture uncompressed HD at 10 bit. Having said that rather than criticize others for doing it wrong when it comes to capturing VHS why not enlighten them by demonstrating how to do it correctly? I can even mail you my Roxy Music tape and you can demonstrate how much better your method is than everyone else's. The Roxy Music tape is the most worn out VHS tape I have but the ADS Pyro A/V Link and ADVC 110 can capture it without fail and clean up the video quality. I simply want to see your system do a better job. I am asking to much?

4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    lordsmurf,your logic is illogical.If EzCAP is a clone,then ati/hauppage are just as cheap and easy to clone.
    To conclusively prove your claim that EzCAP is "crap",come to my home and use my EzCAP,with a witness of your choice and one of mine.

You have literally labelled me a liar,without a shred of practical proof.

5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by joeandmarg0 View Post
    lordsmurf,your logic is illogical.If EzCAP is a clone,then ati/hauppage are just as cheap and easy to clone.
    To conclusively prove your claim that EzCAP is "crap",come to my home and use my EzCAP,with a witness of your choice and one of mine.

You have literally labelled me a liar,without a shred of practical proof.
    Welcome to the Lordsmurf liars club. You are not alone. Having said that all LordSmurf does is cut down other people's equipment why Lordsmurf himself uses an old AGP version of ATI AIW (talk about old technology). I have never known the ATI AIW to be a professional product. I had one myself and returned it. There are many people in post production houses who have used the ADVC 110 for capture and playback to broadcast compliant monitors. I have asked LordSmurf to demonstrate his system in action several times. If he is a video professional it should be easy enough to do don't you think?

Search Comp PM
    ATI and Hauppauge do have clones/near-clones, and simply use generic eMPIA drivers instead of the ATI/Hauppauge custom drivers. But those models are more obscure, even more than the originals. As I stated, the Chinese-made EZcap was likely targeted by IP theft in-country, and those "clones" are using cheaper parts (so not really clones at all). Hence why we have so many dumped online for pennies on the dollars.

USB 2.0 does not have the bandwidth to capture uncompressed HD at 10 bit.
    Again, what's the point of HD 10-bit with VHS?

I have asked LordSmurf to demonstrate his system ... I can even mail you my Roxy Music tape and you can demonstrate
    come to my home
    Not for free.
    Last edited by lordsmurf; 24th Mar 2019 at 02:57.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS

7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    USB 2.0 does not have the bandwidth to capture uncompressed HD at 10 bit.
    You
    Again, what's the point of HD 10-bit with VHS?
    There is no again my friend. I was stating when we talk about uncompressed some people try to use the cheaper USB 2.0 capture devices to capture uncompressed HD. I am simply saying not all capture cards are created equal. The experience will vary but you can indeed see a difference usinfg10 bit uncompressed
    with HI-8 tapes.

I have asked LordSmurf to demonstrate his system ... I can even mail you my Roxy Music tape and you can demonstrate
    come to my home
    Not for free.[/QUOTE]

Then why are you on these forums if you cannot do a simply demonstration video without getting paid? I am willing to bet the IEEE Fire Wire DV converters give just as good of results as your ATI AIW AGP card but the IEEE Fire Wire converters are all simple plug and play devices. No drivers need. They never fail do to drivers. They work with iMovie, FCP, Avid Edius, Premiere Pro, Movie Maker etc. They work on laptops and desktops provided you have in IEEE Fire Wire port. Having said that I still recommend the IEEE Fire Wire converts since you failed to successfully demonstrate a better option.

8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I guess it's time to close this one.