VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Hello!

I want to know how to remove or at least to decrease background noise for this AC3 sample, thanks!
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. IMHO this is very difficult case, seem to be partially processed, lossy compressed, noise is periodical type (burst type) probably related to HW (tape, recording) limitations. You could blindly separate low frequency part and try to process it but you need really adaptive approach.
    Fastest way to deal with problem is probably high pass filter around 125Hz, also there is not much over 9000Hz so it can be safely removed.

With low pass filter you may try to analyse audio to search for periodicity... try to remove it and later combine recovered low signal with remaining part (filter signal in different bands).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Sounds like noise generated by a bad circuit board component. I would use the noise reduction filter in Adobe Audition and probably a gate as well. There will still be fuzz under the spoken syllables.
    Quote Quote  
  4. This can be related to way how audio and picture is stored on cinema tape, perhaps recording from different projector (poor man duplicator) - almost sure it will have 24Hz and related harmonics combined together with overall hum and distortions... (perhaps also other projector sound like Maltese cross mechanism so twice combined as probably both unsynchronised).
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    This can be related to way how audio and picture is stored on cinema tape, perhaps recording from different projector (poor man duplicator) - almost sure it will have 24Hz and related harmonics combined together with overall hum and distortions... (perhaps also other projector sound like Maltese cross mechanism so twice combined as probably both unsynchronised).
    Yes, Actually, this sample has been taken from a Hindi dvd (1958), thanks for your replies, guys
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by JVRaines View Post
    Sounds like noise generated by a bad circuit board component. I would use the noise reduction filter in Adobe Audition and probably a gate as well. There will still be fuzz under the spoken syllables.
    I will download the trial version and see what I can do, thanks
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quick and dirty, Dialogue de-noise module in Izotope RX 3
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by davexnet; 25th Feb 2019 at 20:27. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote