VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    The MAGNAVOX513 DVD recorder suddenly will not dub HDD to DVD in HQ. I have REC MODE set to SP (2 HR) as I always do. I use SETUP but after I select the two (1 hr each) titles for dubbing, the MAG is setting SP as it should - but is turning off HQ. It then dubs the title in real time (displaying the recording as it dubs it). I can't figure out what I mistakenly changed to make this happen instead of the fast (HQ) dubs it's always done.

Any help will be most appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Novice20 View Post
    The MAGNAVOX513 DVD recorder suddenly will not dub HDD to DVD in HQ. I have REC MODE set to SP (2 HR) as I always do. I use SETUP but after I select the two (1 hr each) titles for dubbing, the MAG is setting SP as it should - but is turning off HQ. It then dubs the title in real time (displaying the recording as it dubs it). I can't figure out what I mistakenly changed to make this happen instead of the fast (HQ) dubs it's always done.

Any help will be most appreciated.
    Thank you.
    The only time I have seen dubbing become a real-time process is when the DVD doesn't have enough space left to store the recording in its original quality. If that does not apply in your situation, then I have no alternative explanation for your problem.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I didn't see your post when you made it because of a 30-hour power outage.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you usually_quiet for your post. I don't remember the details now but it is quite possible that this is the explanation for what happened. I seem to recall this was something about the remaining capacity of the DVD that was wrong (showing less than it actually had).

(Sorry for the delay in reading your post but I had to move out for a while because of boiler issue)
    Quote Quote