VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a fairly hard budget of $2,000 to start doing videos.

I am a musician with a very nice audio studio for music production. I want to start learning how to make my own videos to promote my music. Nothing too elaborate, just a starter approach. I want to do close-ups, some time effects like slo-mo and fast motion. I want to do some cool camera movement and get as good results as I can get with decent entry level gear and learning. If video is anything like audio, the gear is 10% of the end product and the techniques used are 90%, so I'm more interested in learning technique than collecting the coolest gear available.

Proposed stuff via B and H photo:

Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T7i DSLR Camera with 18-55mm and 55-250mm Lenses Kit
    Lighting: Dracast LED500 S-Series Daylight 3-Light Kit with V-Mount Battery Plates and Soft Case
    Tripod: Magnus VT-4000 Tripod System with Fluid Head
    Stabilizer: YELANGU Handheld DSLR Camera Stabilizer
    Software: Girlfriend's 4 year old version of Final Cut Pro
    Accessories: Batteries, SD Cards

I already have a MacBook Pro with i7 quad core processor, 16G RAM and a 1TB HD.

This gives me a little wiggle room, budget wise. Am I missing anything important? Are these components relatively comparable in their semi-pro to entry level range?

I may try greenscreen later on, but thought I need to learn more about lighting first. I may get a Rode shotgun mic, but most of my audio will be pre-recorded and lip synced.

Thanks in Advance for your input.
    Last edited by Todzilla; 21st Feb 2019 at 09:13. Reason: added computer stuff...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Todzilla, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote