VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone. I'm new to this site I've had a Panasonic EH-69 for about 8 years. I am trying to record music from my laptop. My laptop has a HDMI port but as you know the input to the EH-69 is cable. I purchased a converter China no name. plugs into power source and has a remote mode and source option. I've tried everything but it doesn't work. Does anyone know if the HDMI to Coaxial cable, cable work? Or what kind of converter will work without spending hundreds of dollars. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The RF-in connection on the Panasonic EH-69 is for analog TV signals only. It is very doubtful that any cheap HDMI to F6 "coax cable" adapter could provide that.

The Panasonic EH-69 accepts analog stereo audio input via its RCA audio jacks and is limited to recording two-channel audio at best. If the laptop has an audio line out for connecting external speakers, you would use a stereo 3.5mm to dual RCA cable to connect the audio line out from the laptop to your DVD recorder. Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/DTOL-3-5mm-Audio-Video-Extension/dp/B00004Z5CP/

[Edit]If the laptop only has a headphone jack or has no analog audio ports, you could get a USB sound card with a line out port and connect the stereo 3.5mm to dual RCA cable to its line out. Example: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/945107-REG/startech_icusbaudio7d_7_1_usb_audio.html

Depending on the source, it might be possible to record the audio directly to a file using your laptop, store it on a USB stick, and transfer to the DVD recorder's HDD.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 19th Feb 2019 at 14:42.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the help. I used to be able to copy directly from my cable box from DirectTV. I'll try your advice. Thanks again
    Quote Quote