VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Gday all,
    Hoping to get some advise.
    The last camera I used to produce a DVD was an old Panasonic GS400 tape model!
    Things have come a long way and Im trying to catch up with the technology.
    The finished product will be put onto DVD .
    Includes some fast moving footage.
    Sound quality is not vital but needs to be reasonable.
    I am also including footage shot from a GoPro in the project using split screen with the canon footage.
    Any suggestions as to format I should be using.
    I already have shot a bit in AVCHD 24mbps (duel recording to mp4 4mbps for easy upload to Facebook etc)
    But am I better to go to the highest (35mbps mp4) and record to just one card.
    Thanks Bush.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use a Canon G40 and always shoot MP4 50fps at 35Mbps. I have found that this gives a better picture than AVCHD. Keeping a higher bitrate whist editing, etc, will benefit the finished video. You can always render lower resolution versions later for use in Facebook.
    Canon G40 - Dell XPS8700 i7 - Win 10 - 24gb RAM - GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve 15.2.4 -- Dell dual Xeon Workstation - Win 7 Ultimate - 16gb ECC RAM - GTX 650 - Pro Tools 2018.3
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I still use an HF G30 and have tried all the higher quality options and I concur. ChapmanDolly is spot on.
    Last edited by DeJay; 25th Feb 2019 at 05:12.
    Quote Quote