VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm interested in the live gamer 4k PCI-E card so I can play in 4K HDR but stream in 1080p. I just wanted to know will the card fit on my motherboard? I have attached two images where the card can possibly slot into. Please advise whether it will fit if I remove the card between my 2 graphics cards. Or if it can fit in the first image slot? I have highlighted the areas in the images.

[Attachment 48103 - Click to enlarge]

Second image:
    [Attachment 48104 - Click to enlarge]

Capture card I want to buy for reference:
    [Attachment 48105 - Click to enlarge]

Thanks! also if I posted this thread in the wrong area I do apologize. As I know this is the new members area hence why I posted the thread under this forum
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    that board only has 2 pci-e slots and it looks like there are already devices in both of them. if you remove the one you circled in red in the second pic the new card could replace that.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Assuming that your motherboard is a Maximus VIII Hero then the only x4 slot is the bottom most long one, all of the short slots are x1.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by zing269 View Post
    Assuming that your motherboard is a Maximus VIII Hero then the only x4 slot is the bottom most long one, all of the short slots are x1.
    You mean where the red sound card is? Could I possibly move that sound card to the slot between the graphics cards highlighted in red and put the capture card in the bottom slot? Or wont the sound card work in the pci-e slot between the graphics cards?

Also is there a pci-e extender of some sort possibly to maybe increase slots?

Thanks guys
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, according to the MB manual that slot is disabled if the X4 slot is used in x4 mode.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by zing269 View Post
    No, according to the MB manual that slot is disabled if the X4 slot is used in x4 mode.
    So my Sound Blaster Z’s card specs does say: PCIe (x1)

Which means I can plug it into the slot between the graphics cards highlighted in red? And will it be safe between there? It wont touch the graphics cards right?

I’ll double check the current slot the sound card is in. Does the capture card have to be in a x4 slot which is a long slot?
    Quote Quote  
  7. So I just tried moving the sound card to the slot in between the gpus. And the second gpu managed to get caught on the pin to pull the card out of the pcie slot and I managed to get the card out and now it says both of my gpus are not working. Pulled one gpu out and the first gpu is not even working nor will install nvidia driver update.

Lol this is perfect.
    Quote Quote