VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, but please be patient: I'm a cat

Please I wonder: when I disconnet the power adapter and the laptop runs with the battery only, the processor and all the system becomes a little more "slow" ... like adapting to the fact that it is not powered up to the AC

I don't want this, where I can change this setting and if possible in what point of the registry I can permanently disable this behavior with a batch? thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what is the model of your computer ??
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by marcorocchini View Post
    Please I wonder: when I disconnet the power adapter and the laptop runs with the battery only, the processor and all the system becomes a little more "slow" ... like adapting to the fact that it is not powered up to the AC
    That's a feature in Windows.

Originally Posted by marcorocchini View Post
    I don't want this, where I can change this setting and if possible in what point of the registry I can permanently disable this behavior with a batch? thanks
    Power options from Control Panel.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Power saving as pointed by jagabo - set maximum performance settings and watch battery gauge.
    Quote Quote  
  5. look for POWER SETTINGS on control panel look for power profiles

ON BATTERY.. is slower/less brighter than ON AC .. to maximize battery time
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Same suggestions as others.

This is deliberate to save your battery

Change the "power options" and set it to maximum performance, also change the wifi settings to maximum performance

All done to save the battery time
    Quote Quote  
  7. The Control Panel power options are a good start, but often they won't get you all the way to where you want to go. I also suggest you Google "powercfg" and look at the options there. This Windows command line utility (built into Windows) gives you complete control over what each power configuration in the Control Panel actually does, and in addition, gives you the ability to set things that you cannot get to directly from the Control Panel.

To get started, open a command line window (CMD in the Run box) and then type:

powercfg /?

That will give you a listing of everything it can do. Google, however, will give you the specific settings needed to give you maximum performance with your particular laptop.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Also check bios settings. Some settings on a laptop are not necessarily accessible in Windows or any OS, unless the manufacturer provided a utility to access the BIOS settings in the OS (some "gaming" laptops might have these types of utilities, but you normally access the BIOS with a key sequence during booting) .
    Quote Quote  
  9. also some laptops have a green mode that throttles down pcs if activated... so check for that too..
    Quote Quote  
  10. I already force the machine to max performance using the correct power profile

Code:
    powercfg.exe /setactive 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c
    but nothing change. My problem is that I don't want that the laptop have to automatically switch in "power save mode" when the AC power supply is off.

Probably it depends from bios settings, but the normal "non-unlocked" bios of my Clevo P775TM1-G don't allow changes for that option
    Quote Quote  
  11. What operating system do you have? Did you simply try to go to 'Power options' and switch to 'High Performance' as advised before? In Windows you need to click 'Change plan settings' and 'Change advanced power settings' and go and check 'Processor power management' settings. Look here for example: https://www.howtogeek.com/240840/should-you-use-the-balanced-power-saver-or-high-perfo...an-on-windows/

Of course I assume you have the latest drivers for you graphic card(s). Without them installed you will not have 'High Performance' in 'Power options'.

If still no solution, ask here:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/forums/sager-and-clevo.1017/
    or here:
    https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/forum/13-clevo/
    Quote Quote  
  12. https://www.notebookcheck.net/Schenker-XMG-Ultra-17-Clevo-P775TM1-G-Laptop-Review.288972.0.html

According to this review the laptop
    Battery life

Despite its massive capacity (82 Wh), the swappable Li-Ion battery is not suitable for mobile use. Even on the lowest brightness with only one open text file on display, the notebook reaches 0% after less than 3 hours. 2:22 hours of internet surfing via WLAN and 2:28 hours of HD video playback on medium brightness are not ideal either. The 3D performance also suffers by one third during battery operation (tested with “The Witcher 3”).
    Quote Quote  
  13. I have windows 10 64 bit build 1809 but I cannot find any settings that avoid the decrease-performance when the power connector is not connected. I have try all this settings but seems there is a override that force the power-down to processor to save energy. It's a minor issue for me, but I prefer the 100% of power, alwais.. even if AC disconnected
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by marcorocchini View Post
    I already force the machine to max performance using the correct power profile

Code:
    powercfg.exe /setactive 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c
    but nothing change. My problem is that I don't want that the laptop have to automatically switch in "power save mode" when the AC power supply is off.

Probably it depends from bios settings, but the normal "non-unlocked" bios of my Clevo P775TM1-G don't allow changes for that option
    That is not at all what I recommended doing. All that does is select the current profie; it does NOT modify it.

I think you will have to ask your cat because I am a human.
    Quote Quote  
  15. edit rhe power saving profile..
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If your machine is on a domain, there could be domain admin policy preventing changes.
    Or, could be you need to change settings in BIOS to enable power change options,
    Or, you're using a weird beta copy of 1809 (WHY 1809? - makes no sense yet).
    But my guess is a PEBKAC error. You're all paws.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  17. I have 3 partition on the hard disk, 3 Windows 10 64 bit: one build 1809, one 1709 and one 1602: all do the this "issue". Probably is a bios setting, but in actual bios practically it does not make you change any related parameter. Does exist an unofficial version of the bios "unlocked" that probabily can modify the crucial parameters but.. installing this bios would result in the loss of the warranty on the machine
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Had a full response for this, but walked away, came back, my browser ate it.
    Ah well...maybe some other day.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  19. Change the power plan

To change the power plan in Windows 10, perform these actions:
    1. At the desktop, click the Search the web and Windows box and type "sleep".
    2. Select Power and Sleep settings, then select Additional power settings at the bottom of the screen.
      The Power Options window appears.
    3. Select Balanced (recommended), Power saver, or select Create a power plan on the left side of the screen.
    4. Customize your plan settings as desired.
    Quote Quote