VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm thinking of creating a CGI animated movie in mkv format H264 that equals those of pixar and dreamworks animation, but using a hex editor is it possible? how long does it take to create in HxD or any hex editor? takes years or not? is it possible to do this in the data inspector in some hex editor? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    "it took Pixar's server farm about 29 hours to render each frame of Monsters University"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by lorenzo111 View Post
    I'm thinking of creating a CGI animated movie in mkv format H264 that equals those of pixar and dreamworks animation, but using a hex editor is it possible? how long does it take to create in HxD or any hex editor? takes years or not? is it possible to do this in the data inspector in some hex editor? Thanks in advance.
    That's not humanly possible.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Not even basically possible with a using a hex editor
    Quote Quote  
  5. well anyway thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  6. You might as well ask how long it would take to build the Empire State building using super sharp tweezers to place molecules one by one.
    Quote Quote  
  7. With more computing power, a technology could generate animated films based on screenplays, augmenting the work that animated filmmakers do by removing some of the manual labor involved, here is the link if someone is interested. https://blogs.microsoft.com/ai/drawing-ai/
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    104min. * 60 sec/min. * 24 frames/sec. * 29 hours/frame = 4,343,040 hours, or 180,960 days. But that assumes only using 1 render farm - not what they do. Probably use 1000 render farms, rendering frames in parallel (simultaneously). So that would mean it took them 180 days, or ~1/2 a year to render. Probably took another 9-18 months to script, storyboard, art design, 3D model & animate, record character voices. And it probably took another 6 months to edit, composite, stereoscopically design, & finalize audio mix.

And that is using hundreds of professionals - experts at their jobs. And much of that is going on simultaneously.

It is certainly possible to create a movie short alone yet still in a reasonable time, but that is when using the optimal tools.

Hexediting a movie might be theoretically possible, but it would be a monumental waste of time (which you couldn't even complete alone in your lifetime). For what? - to say that you could?

Tell you what, why don't you try doing JUST ONE FRAME. See how long that takes you, and how rewarding it turns out...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by lorenzo111 View Post
    With more computing power, a technology could generate animated films based on screenplays, augmenting the work that animated filmmakers do by removing some of the manual labor involved, here is the link if someone is interested. https://blogs.microsoft.com/ai/drawing-ai/
    You mean that labor known as "artistry"?
    Why stop there? Why not have the computer generate a script based on trending topic algorithms? And then build a workflow that auto-edits & mixes following the script using "prioritizing tag" functions?
    But then, they could just cut out the middleman (people) altogether and present it digitally to the end user robots.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  10. why is not it possible in a hex editor? of course it is possible, to edit any movie byte by byte in a hex editor is just try and try that can work or with checksums, everything is possible on a computer, you guys are lazy to edit movie frames in a hex editor yes or no? It may take time but it's worth doing, obs i love hex editors to do this.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by lorenzo111 View Post
    why is not it possible in a hex editor? of course it is possible, to edit any movie byte by byte in a hex editor is just try and try that can work or with checksums, everything is possible on a computer, you guys are lazy to edit movie frames in a hex editor yes or no? It may take time but it's worth doing, obs i love hex editors to do this.
    Keep us posted. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'd say the OP is either a retard or a troll.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by lorenzo111 View Post
    why is not it possible in a hex editor? of course it is possible, to edit any movie byte by byte in a hex editor is just try and try that can work or with checksums, everything is possible on a computer, you guys are lazy to edit movie frames in a hex editor yes or no? It may take time but it's worth doing, obs i love hex editors to do this.
    A single 1920x1080 frame is 2,073,600 pixels. If you're going to create an 8 bit RGB image that's 6,220,800 hex values you'll have to type in for each frame. A 90 minute movie at 24 fps is 129,600 frames. So you'll have to type in 806,215,680,000 hex values.

How long will it take you to do that? Let's say you're really fast and somehow know exactly what to type in at each pixel off the top of your head. So maybe you can create 1 pixel per second (typing 3 hex values each second). It will take you about 25,000 years without any breaks.

The whole idea is nonsensical. See how long it takes you to create a single recognizable 32x32 color icon in a hex editor.

Then lets see you figure out how to perform h.264 compression in a hex editor! And don't forget the audio!
    Last edited by jagabo; 7th Feb 2019 at 17:39.
    Quote Quote  
  14. @jagabo, Thanks for the information and the help, I gave up using hex editor, thank you.
    Last edited by lorenzo111; 7th Feb 2019 at 17:45.
    Quote Quote  
  15. What do you mean by how to perform h.264 compression in a hex editor? how can I do this?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Again, you cannot realistically, regardless of the theoretical possibility.
    GIVE
    UP
    ON THIS
    LUNACY

...I'm beginning to wonder if the assertion that you might be a troll has some merit, seeing as these are your first & only posts.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  17. @Cornucopia, I'm not a troll and I do not do troll posts, because you're here in my post? this post has nothing to do with everything you said now.
    Quote Quote  
  18. let me put this in simple terms ops..

what you want to do is make something out of nothing.. like making 5 star dish out of salt without a kitchen or cooking skills..
    that stuff only exists in sci fi films like star trek next gen.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replicator_(Star_Trek)

or alchemy..
    converting some cheap metal to gold

or magic..
    Last edited by teodz1984; 8th Feb 2019 at 11:11.
    Quote Quote  
  19. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please don't call anyone a retard. A troll is okey...
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by lorenzo111 View Post
    What do you mean by how to perform h.264 compression in a hex editor? how can I do this?
    Start by reading the h.264 spec:

https://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-H.264-201704-I/en
    https://www.itu.int/rec/dologin_pub.asp?lang=e&id=T-REC-H.264-201704-I!!PDF-E&type=items

Once you understand all that you can start thinking about how you would do it in a hex editor. Hint: it's far more complicated than creating an image in a hex editor.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Wow, now I've seen everything...

lorenzo111, you are now officially god level master troll.

But seriously, between you and me, what drugs are you on currently?
    Quote Quote  
  22. You guys are crazy, I'm going to repeat it again. I'm not a troll, I made this post to ask questions about this subject and not to be called stupid words, for example troll, badyu17, I do not use drugs I never used, you use! but not me.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by lorenzo111 View Post
    You guys are crazy
    Right. You are the sane one in this discussion.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Lets close this thread.. OP has said he's thrown the towel on post 14
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Brazilian ex-member Marcia Mariner used to say, "Brazilian trolls are the worst ones." This thread seems like more supporting evidence for her claim.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote