VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    https://www.avsforum.com/ultraviolet-is-shutting-down/

UV Online Statement

“We want to thank you, our many loyal consumers, for making UltraViolet a part of your home entertainment experience. However, we must inform you that effective July 31, 2019, UltraViolet will be shutting down. Rest assured that UltraViolet and its retail and content partners are working in concert to minimize potential disruptions to UltraViolet Libraries.

Going forward, if you have an UltraViolet Library, you will be receiving direct updates from us and likely directly from the retailer(s) you use to access your movies and TV shows with additional information about your UltraViolet account, details for the shutdown of UltraViolet, and how to enjoy continued access to your movies and TV shows. In the meantime, we encourage you to visit www.myuv.com for further information.” – UltraViolet

“The launch of UltraViolet in 2011 played a key role in the consumer acceptance and comfort with building online, digital entertainment libraries,” noted Wendy Aylsworth, President of DECE. “Given the growth of the marketplace and the emergence of services that offer expanded options to collect and access content independent of UV as well as other industry factors, the DECE has decided to discontinue the UltraViolet platform. And, with a planned end date of July 31, 2019, our top priority is making sure the sunset of UV goes as smoothly as possible for consumers.” – Wendy Aylsworth, President DECE"
    Quote Quote  
  2. The launch of UltraViolet in 2011 played a key role in the consumer acceptance and comfort with building online, digital entertainment libraries,” noted Wendy Aylsworth, President of DECE.
    Trying to make their utter failure sound like success?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    “The launch of UltraViolet in 2011 played a key role in the consumer acceptance and comfort with building online, digital entertainment libraries,
    As they go under in less than a decade. I guess I can't be too hard on them as this was just a supplemental thing that came with your DVD/Bluray purchase.

Edit: jagabo beat me to it lol
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why does anyone use these services...make your own portable version.
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ron spencer View Post
    Why does anyone use these services...make your own portable version.
    When you bought an optical version, often times you would get a code for this digital version. Ultraviolet was made by major players in Hollywood, and I guess this was their way of fighting Netflix and others. Which probably worked to a degree, as it can take years for a movie title to become watchable on Netflix.

As far as asking why anyone would use this service and making your own. You don't seem to know the average consumer. And this product came with the purchase anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    As long as you have vudu etc using movies anywhere your purchases should be fine. Grant it I make my own digital copies, but I do realize not everyone does.
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote