VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello,

I've searched but I think it simply does not exist. I'd love to backup my DVD to blurays, showing a menu with maybe 4 choices for each movie coming from 4 DVD, with the original menus for each of those DVDs. I'd like a 1 click conversion !
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Uh oh....do I smell some SPAM cooking up?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    huh ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kensiko View Post
    Hello,

I've searched but I think it simply does not exist. I'd love to backup my DVD to blurays, showing a menu with maybe 4 choices for each movie coming from 4 DVD, with the original menus for each of those DVDs. I'd like a 1 click conversion !
    You are correct. What you are looking for does not exist.

The Blu-ray menus would have to be re-created by hand by a skilled human being. There is too much difference between how Blu-ray and DVD menus work, which means the DVD menus can't simply be copied to Blu-ray.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If it feels good, do it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Be aware that DVDFab DVD to Blu-ray Converter does not retain the original DVD menus.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TMPGEnc 4 has worked for me in the past. I have had to remake all the menus. It will do the job if you are willing to do the work. I hear that there is a better version now. You also must have a Blu-ray burner to get it made. Labor intensive, but well worth it in the end.
    If it feels good, do it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That the OP was asking for a one-click solution says it all.

Methinks he thought that with a BD having a capacity of 25/50 gb against a BD at 25/50 gb it would be a simple matter of transfering the dvd to BD and voila !!

That is not to say that is not possible since BD supports SD (DVD) it is just that the original menus are not available and a heck of work will be required to create a BD compatble disk.
    Quote Quote