VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hey guys, I have a Panasonic AG-1970 and it works great. I am running the S-Video into a Pinnacle 500-USB. Someone once said that the captures from Pinnacle's Studio software was horrendous. I decided to try to give VirtualDub a shot at the capturing process. When I am in preview mode (Before I even start to capture anything), Everything seems to look fine. As soon as I enter capture mode, for some reason the preview window shows the video twice, once stacked on top of eachother virtically, as if they are being smashed into eachother, and the resulting output file reflects that too. As soon as I stop the capture and go back into preview mode, everything is fine again. What can I possibly be doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Share short uncompressed sample of such capture.
    The only thing that comes to mind: it could be wrong alignment of chroma planes.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by shekh View Post
    Share short uncompressed sample of such capture.
    The only thing that comes to mind: it could be wrong alignment of chroma planes.
    I have to take a moment to grab some samples but this will show you what I mean....
    [Attachment 47973 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  4. The two fields are probably being stacked rather than woven. Check interlace settings.
    Quote Quote