VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. AviSource("C:\Users\cherb\Desktop\babe.avi")
    ConvertToYV12(last, interlaced=true)
    MCTemporalDenoise(settings="low", edgeclean=true, ecrad=3, stabilize=true, maxr=2)
    Trim(last, 2, 6051)

pretty basic script so far just trying to figure using MCTemporalDenoise. However, I cannot seem to get the correct set of plugins to make it function.

Script error: there is no function named "addgrainc"
    (Grad2dbmod.v1.5.avsi, line 291)
    (McTemporalDenoise.v1.4.20.avsi, line 1072, 1090)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/AddGrainC

try doing a web search, this was the first hit in the results
    Quote Quote  
  3. And AddGrainC is in the list of required filters for MCTD:
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/MCTemporalDenoise#Required_Filters
    Quote Quote  
  4. Last edited by Cherbette; 29th Jan 2019 at 15:33.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have AddGrainC.dll in my Avisynth plugin filters. Obviously that was the first place I looked.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Now I'm getting a there is no function named "Msuper" error. Lord why is it so hard to find all the CORRECT plugins to run a filter script.
    Quote Quote  
  7. MSuper is part of MVTools -- also on the list of required filters for MCTD.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I have MVTools in my plugins folder as well
    Quote Quote  
  9. Are you sure you have the right "bitness"? 32 bit filters for 32 bit AviSynth, 64 bitness for 64 bit AviSynth.

Try manually loading the filters within your script:

Code:
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins\mvtools2.dll")
    Be sure to change the path to wherever the filter is on your computer. If you have the wrong bitness you will get an error message indicating that.
    Last edited by jagabo; 29th Jan 2019 at 16:46.
    Quote Quote  
  10. How do i know which version i have? It's the latest version of avisynth on Windows 7? And all my plugins are in the avisynth plugin folder. Thanks for the help
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Cherbette View Post
    How do i know which version i have?
    Make a script with only the following command:

Code:
    Version()
    Open it in your editor/encoder. What does it say. It's possible to have both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions installed on a 64 bit Windows system. Which you get from your script depends on the bitness of the program that opens the script. A 32 bit editor will get 32 bit AviSynth, a 64 bit editor will get you 64 bit AviSynth. For example, I have 32 bit AviSynth 2.6mt and 64 bit AviSynth+ installed on my Win7 system:

[Attachment 47935 - Click to enlarge]

On top is what I see with the version() script opened with 32 bit VirtualDub2, on the bottom is what I see when the script is opened with 64 bit VirtualDub.

The 32 bit AviSynth plugins folder on my system is:

Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins
    The 64 bit AviSynth+ folder is:

Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth+\plugins64+
    Last edited by jagabo; 29th Jan 2019 at 20:38.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Are you sure you have the right "bitness"? 32 bit filters for 32 bit AviSynth, 64 bitness for 64 bit AviSynth.

Try manually loading the filters within your script:

Code:
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins\mvtools2.dll")
    Be sure to change the path to wherever the filter is on your computer. If you have the wrong bitness you will get an error message indicating that.
    Loadplugin: unable to load......, error=0xc1
    (New File (1), Line (1)
    Quote Quote  
  13. Image
    [Attachment 47936 - Click to enlarge]

Here's what happens when I do Version()
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Cherbette View Post
    Loadplugin: unable to load......, error=0xc1
    That's the error message you get when you try to load a 64 bit plugin in 32 bit AviSynth.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Ok so I need to swap out MVTool2 for 32 bit. Let me see if I can find it.
    Quote Quote  
  16. When you download filters there's often an x86 folderand and x64 folder. You want the x86 version, not the x64 version.
    Quote Quote  
  17. http://avisynth.nl/index.php/MVTools#Filters

When I go to this page and download I only see one MVTools2.dll in the folder. It isn't divided into folders like some of the others.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I think you downloaded the old version (for AviSynth 2.5) the newer version has x86/x64 folders. With older filters, if they don't mention bitness, they are usually 32 bit.
    Quote Quote  
  19. I just replaced MVTools in my plugins and now I'm back to there's no function called addgrainc lol. Do I need the addgrain.avs in my plugin folder as well? In the addgrain folder (downloaded from the link provided above) there is src folder, win32 folder with a addgrainc.dll in it and a win64 folder with addgrainc.dll and theres addgrain.avs. Currently the only thing in my plugin folder associated with addgrain is the win32 addgrainc.dll is this not correct?
    Quote Quote  
  20. the Win32 AddGrainC.dll is version v1.7.1
    Last edited by Cherbette; 30th Jan 2019 at 11:30.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by Cherbette View Post
    Do I need the addgrain.avs in my plugin folder as well?
    No. It's just a sample script showing how the filter is used.

Originally Posted by Cherbette View Post
    Currently the only thing in my plugin folder associated with addgrain is the win32 addgrainc.dll is this not correct?
    That is correct.

Are you sure you have the right plugins folder? Some programs, like MeGUI, can use a private version of AviSynth. For example, MeGUI's private plugins folder is something like:

Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\megui\tools\avs\plugins
    In cases like that you need to add the filter to that programs private plugins folder. Or import the plugin explicitly in your script.
    Quote Quote  
  22. C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth This is where AddGrainC.dll should go right?

I don't see any reference to MeGUI in my Program Files. I am using avspmod to write script if that makes any difference.
    Last edited by Cherbette; 30th Jan 2019 at 12:26.
    Quote Quote  
  23. With the Win32 version of AddGrainC.dll in my Avisynth plugin directory, when I run:
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins\AddGrainC.dll")

I still get the same error=0xc1 message
    Quote Quote  
  24. I guess I will abandon this for now until I find a solution haha
    Quote Quote  
  25. Possibly a conflicting plugin . Clean out your autoloading plugins folder. I'm guessing mvtools2 version
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Possibly a conflicting plugin . Clean out your autoloading plugins folder. I'm guessing mvtools2 version
    This would cause AddGrainC.dll to perform incorrectly? I've cleaned them out 2x already. This is my third attempt to get the CORRECT set of plugins. I think AddGrainC is the last one in the chain to load for MCTemporalDenoise? If so, wouldn't that mean that all other DLL's are correct?
    Quote Quote  
  27. No, this happens (I wouldn't say often, but when you have conflicting plugins it does). When avisynth loads plugins in the autoload directory upon initialization, there is an issue with some plugins. Even if you are using LoadPlugin() to specify another plugin when it load the list and comes across a bad plugin (usually the culprit is an outdated mvtools2 or masktools2) , that error , or something similar to it comes up

https://github.com/pinterf/mvtools/releases
    https://github.com/pinterf/masktools/releases
    Quote Quote  
  28. Also , if you use
    Code:
    avsmeter avsinfo -l
    It will print out all the avisynth information, plugin versions, etc... If you post that text file it will help narrow down the problem

https://www.videohelp.com/software/AVSMeter
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Also , if you use
    Code:
    avsmeter avsinfo -l
    It will print out all the avisynth information, plugin versions, etc... If you post that text file it will help narrow down the problem

https://www.videohelp.com/software/AVSMeter
    How do I use it? Clicking AVSMeter.exe does not work. Seems to be a command prompt program.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    No, this happens (I wouldn't say often, but when you have conflicting plugins it does). When avisynth loads plugins in the autoload directory upon initialization, there is an issue with some plugins. Even if you are using LoadPlugin() to specify another plugin when it load the list and comes across a bad plugin (usually the culprit is an outdated mvtools2 or masktools2) , that error , or something similar to it comes up

https://github.com/pinterf/mvtools/releases
    https://github.com/pinterf/masktools/releases
    I have downloaded the x86 and latest versions of ALL required filters repeatedly. Cleaning out my plugins and trying over. I have no clue. Something isn't right. Hopefully I can figure out this AVSmeter
    Quote Quote