VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have some older video content on DVD (NTSC, 4:3). Need to convert it to an MP4 to upload to Wistia for streaming video. I thought I'd be converting the video to 640x480. However, Wistia informed me that they don't support 480p:

Our video player does not actually offer a 480p option, the next quality level up would be 540p. Wistia uses a width-based algorithm, so your videos have to meet a minimum width in order to get a desired quality level for it. As an example, your video would have to be at least 960 x 540p in order to get the 540 quality option to be available in the player.
    Since the footage is SD, does that mean I'd have to make it 960x720? Here is a list of resolutions Wistia creates. So I'm not sure what to do about this SD DVD footage. I tried 720x540 and that comes up as 360p in their player.

Anyone with any experience with SD footage and Wistia, I'd appreciate your help on this one as I'm a little lost.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Since the footage is SD, does that mean I'd have to make it 960x720?
    Never heard of Wistia, but according to the limitations mentioned: yes
    (720x480 @PAR8:9 -> 720x540@PAR1:1 and since they require at least 960 in width,... -> 960x720 would keep the aspect ratio and seems to be the way they want it)
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote