VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

Starting to have a lot of problems with 1080p videos. They freeze and then pixelate when the motion starts again. I am using latest of vlc player, and have tried all the options such as caching size etc, but the issue happens on both my local pc (with the file held locally), as well as other devices, such as android tv/Kodi. Interestingly these issues happen at exactly the same moment on different devices, which indicates to me that it must be the file that is at fault. However other people online have no issues with the file?

Any help here would be great. I have attached a 1 min excerpt that has 2 moments where this happens.

Cheers,

Cipher
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by cipher68 View Post
    ...which indicates to me that it must be the file that is at fault.
    The file is at fault.

However other people online have no issues with the file?
    They'd have trouble with your file. It got corrupted during the download, I expect.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by cipher68 View Post
    ...which indicates to me that it must be the file that is at fault.
    The file is at fault.

However other people online have no issues with the file?
    They'd have trouble with your file. It got corrupted during the download, I expect.
    Perfect Manono,

Thank you for the hint - the file is different to another version downloaded. Seems the file integrity of downloads these days is less than it used to be. Really appreciate your help in getting to the bottom of this.

Cheers!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Which is why important files like Linux distros have a SHA hash to verify file integrity. A lot can go wrong in the upload/download process.
    Quote Quote