VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm looking to buy Portable DVD player as I travel a lot and watch TV shows. There are tons of DVD players out there but I cant seem to decide which one to buy. It should be region free and have a good battery life.
    Looking forward for your suggestions.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    region free isn't going to fly. no one is working on making region free players anymore. 10 years ago maybe. better to get a hardware media player(roku, chromecast, firetv, etc.) and a hard drive to rip your movies to region free.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Get a Android tablet and a 128GB SD card (stores 15-30 full DVDs) or if you need more space a portable hard drive. Way smaller and portable than carrying DVDs. And if you cross borders, you don't have to worry about possibly being asked if your DVDs weren't purchased in another country. Add Kodi and other apps and you can have access to multiple channels over the internet.

If you still insist on getting a DVD player, I have this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/DBPOWER-Portable-Rechargeable-Battery-Supports-Red/dp/B0118UV...ble+DVD+player Multi-region out of the box and you can add a SD card. I use it as a secondary TV when I play games.
    Last edited by lingyi; 19th Jan 2019 at 22:53.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I can second the dbpower brand. My 7" is cheap, region free, plays xvid Avi with srt off DVD (usual limits, ANSI encoding.) and all around good battery life. It does act up at times and the nes function is clunky, but overall I am happy with it. Oh it read my fat32 128gb SD card no problem. USB drives are hit and miss depending on power draw.
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote