VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Dear ALL,

I need to upload srt (vtt) files to VIMEO for a multiple language choice for the audience on VIMEO before releasing a short film.

I need to :

Change fonts (size and style) and avoid if possible the ugly black squared background of the standard srt files, How could I do easily to obtain a VTT files already ready for VIMEO?

NOTE that I don't need to change for my own pleasure but to assure a better style of them for the VIMEO release...Thank you!!

I have the srt as well so if VTT are not manageable I could import the srt after have changed them but seems that with VTT is better.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Rain83 View Post

Change fonts (size and style) and avoid if possible the ugly black squared background of the standard srt files...
    Those are called 'styles' and SRT and VTT have none of that. The styles are set by the player, so any styles settings are done in Vimeo. Maybe they can be adjusted by the viewer. I don't know as I don't use it myself. There are two text-based subtitle formats in which you can adjust the styles to your liking (ASS and SSA), but YouTube won't accept them and I don't guess Vimeo does, either.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I came across this which has styling including color changes: https://www.w3.org/TR/webvtt1/. Implementation in Vimeo is my next step. So far, it's not recognizing any styles from examples in those specifications, but I've hope some combination will work.
    Quote Quote