VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Using AVStoDVD, How do I setup menus so if I select Chapter 3 from the menu it will play Chapters 3,4,5, etc?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Menus are, by default, just entry points.

Therefore, in your example, chapter 4 will automatically play after chapter 3. And so on.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Nope. If I click on chapter 3, I get chapter 3 and it stops. I click on chapter 4, I get chapter 4 and it stops.

I WANT it to be an entry point and to continue from there...

Any ideas???
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe I am the wrong person to be answering this.

I use quite an old version of this program I when I just checked I could not see how you can even set up a chapter-based menu with it. Maybe that has been introduced in later versions.

Assuming, of course, that you are not confusing titles with chapters (however you chose to name them). AFAIK the program supports multiple titles on a menu but basic software does not allow you to start the next title automatically. That has to be done with playlists.

And, again, basic authoring programs continue titles from chapter to chapter. It makes little sense to have a title abort after playing randomly selected chapters although dvds can be edited so that chapters do have an end command.

The author of the program is a regular visitor here and often replies to threads. There is also a large support thread and your question may even be answered there.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The difference has to do with how the "title" or "playlist" was set up.

If project was set up with 1 title, no playlists, but multiple chapters in the title, then usually the output will work the way you intend it to.
    If, however, the project was set up with each chapter as its own playlist, then you will get exactly the output you are currently getting and bothered by. Similarly if each "chapter" was actually put into its own title.

Can't say for AVStoDVD, as I rarely use it.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by HowDoI View Post
    Nope. If I click on chapter 3, I get chapter 3 and it stops. I click on chapter 4, I get chapter 4 and it stops.

I WANT it to be an entry point and to continue from there...

Any ideas???
    AVStoDVD doesn't provide more than basic DVD authoring even using the newest version. The latest version of AVStoDVD still doesn't support creating chapter menus. Each video added by the user is always given its own title set and during the authoring process, the user can't specify what action to take after a video ends.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote