VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

When I tried to translate my subtitles from one language to another I've goy a message:
    "System: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden"
    What is the problem and how to solve it?
    I'll appreciate any suggestion.
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by jarko; 15th Jan 2019 at 17:09.
    JKoniak
    Quote Quote  
  2. locotus
    Search Comp PM
    Update to 3.58 or 3.59 beta
    Quote Quote  
  3. I've got a message that to be able translate I need enter Google translate API key.
    I tried to do it but it is so confusing and I'm not getting why I need this stuff when I try to translate one subtitle.
    Another thing, they want payment information and not explaining why and how much for how many.
    JKoniak
    Quote Quote  
  4. You get the key here:
    https://cloud.google.com/translate/

You have to pay for it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    According to the info at Google, it's $20 month with a million character limit
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi,

Thanks for link.
    One question there is no way any more to translate with Subtitle Edit without paying and for what is this kod?
    The google is everywhere it means that in the future they will try to commercialize every services. This is paranoia. They control internet, cell phones and ......almost everything what will be necessary in the future.
    JKoniak
    Quote Quote  
  7. They have to maintain an infrastructure to offer you the service like employees, electricity costs, hardware maintenance, etc, etc.

They offer a manual solution you can use for free.

This services are used by professionals like me, I pay around $80 per month and receive around $10.000 to $12.000 per month to do Japanese, English and Portuguese translations job so, 80 bucks is nothing.

By the way, I don't use Google Translator, there are much better tools out there, but Google have the right to charge for it, they create it.
    Quote Quote