VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Anyone know what this means or if I can fix it? Lost power while working on a project, booted back up and I'm getting that error when I try to open it again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sounds like you're screwed to me. i'd start over with the source files in a new project. why waste time trying to recover what wasn't written to files on the disc.

edit - ups devices were invented long ago for a reason...
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. UPS devices?

Thankfully 99% of it is dropping keyframes from project A into comps from project B, and both A and B are fine. So it's just a lot of copying and pasting and opening and closing to do.

On the other hand knowing that a power outage can wipe a whole project file is terrifying.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    UPS - uninterruptible power supply i.e. a battery backup you plug your computer into and it allows enough time to safely shut down when the main power fails.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. It's just a home PC, so it's not really a situation where I'm going to have all that sort of thing.

I've had a bit of a Google and I'm not sure there's anything reasonably affordable available here. There are US listings for Walmart and Amazon and such, but power-related things are the one area you can't just import.
    Quote Quote