VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi forum, i was reading some post and i found the site very useful so thanks for that.
    I am having a problem with my capture card since i upgrade to the latest firmware version so i am trying to go back to previous version and i can not.
    I try different previous versions of the firmware and when i try to install them i get the message "You are using the latest version now" so i can not downgrade the firmware and with the latest one Free PC mode does not work. Any other way to hack it or downgrade the firmware or factory reset or something to make this work?
    Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try google, search for downgrade Avermedia C875 firmware
    Quote Quote  
  3. I did that already but when i try to install previous versions of the firmware i get the message "You are using the latest version now" so i can not downgrade the firmware or to anything at all.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by amaipaipai View Post
    Try google, search for downgrade Avermedia C875 firmware
    I did that already but when i try to install previous versions of the firmware i get the message "You are using the latest version now" so i can not downgrade the firmware or to anything at all.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Then you need a technician to manually program the older firmware with a proper equipment.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by amaipaipai View Post
    Then you need a technician to manually program the older firmware with a proper equipment.
    I wish we have one of those here in Argentina my friend! Unfortunally i have to do it myself.
    Quote Quote  
  7. In Argentina must have a computer shop somewhere there that does PC repair, motherboards, VGA boards, etc. Just the programmer cost about $350 bucks, you need a pcb preheater, proper soldering and desoldering tools, power supply, oscilloscope, knowledge, etc, etc.

Look at DIY forums around the net, we don't do this here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hello,

Can I check why you want to downgrade to an older firmware version for your C875?

Is it for the same reason as me?

I've been using my C875 for many years without problems, capturing 1080p video and since flashing the latest V27 firmware, I can only capture in 720p.

I need a way to downgrade for this reason, can anyone help?

Cheers,
    Travis
    Quote Quote