VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I recorded files using my security ipcamera and it has created 2 asf files. Have tried everything possible to edit and open this files, but it only plays using plot player. I think it is not a codec problem, because its compressed with h.264. When i try to play using vlc, it only shows one frame and the audio keeps playing fine.
    I may found the problem: the 2 files are connecting each other (never saw this). The first video is named Cam-180823-104831-P.asf and has 1:00:11 and the second is named Cam-180823-114844-P.asf and has 00:20:42. When i open anyone of them on VLC, it only shows 1:00:11, no matter witch one i play.

What i tried:
    VLC (shows one frame)
    Virtualdub (won´t open)
    megui (won´t work)
    Repair programs
    WMP (won´t work)
    Avidemux (won´t work)
    X media recode (won´t work)
    avisynth (won´t open)
    potplayer (working fine)

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try playing it with MPC-HC and maybe open with AviDemux
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Nilzzon View Post
    Try playing it with MPC-HC and maybe open with AviDemux
    I did before! Both wont work
    Quote Quote  
  4. Do other files work from the camera ?

Try the software that comes with the camera , or go to their support website, or call them

Also try Asfbin ; it's in your screenshot, but you didn't put it in the list
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    maybe WMVDemuxer demux it and remux it
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Do other files work from the camera ?

Try the software that comes with the camera , or go to their support website, or call them

Also try Asfbin ; it's in your screenshot, but you didn't put it in the list

It works on iphone using bvcam, but when i move to pc it wont play. Other videos, same asf format and h.264 codec, plays fine.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    You could try stitching them together and see what happens.

Code:
    copy /b Cam-180823-104831-P.asf+Cam-180823-114844-P.asf test.asf
    Quote Quote  
  8. i stalled VirtualDub-MPEG224586 (had tried a lot of other versions) and could open the file!! Thank you guys for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  9. have you tried windows meda encoder tools. That's what i used back in the day to fix asf/wmv's (cut,merge etc..)
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote