VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or try DVDFab and copy, convert or make Blu-rays and DVDs! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Thread

Threaded View

  1. I'm trying to burn in subtitles, using Virtual Dub Mod and loading VSFilter in my script.
    If I simply mux my video and the subs to a mp4 or mkv, it plays just fine and is in sync.
    But when I import the video and the sub file to Virtual Dub Mod, it is not in sync anymore - the video is faster than the subtitles.
    Because it seems to get more async the more time passes, I assume it has something to do with the framerate. But the original video file's framerate is 23.976 and that's what I set Virtual Dub Mod to aswell. When I mux the original file's audio with the virtual dub mod encoded video, those are in sync, just the burned in subtitles are not.
    They are already not in sync anymore in the preview after loading my script.
    There's nothing fancy in the script, that could change the framerates - just loading the video, then some visual filters like saturation and sharpening and at the end it loads VSFilter and the .ass file.
    Can it be that Virtual Dub Mod changes the framerate of the subs by itself due to some settings? Or do I have to set the subs framerate in the script?
    Always worked fine before, so I don't know what's going wrong this time.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Narutofreak1412 View Post
    I'm trying to burn in subtitles, using Virtual Dub Mod and loading VSFilter in my script.
    If I simply mux my video and the subs to a mp4 or mkv, it plays just fine and is in sync.
    But when I import the video and the sub file to Virtual Dub Mod, it is not in sync anymore - the video is faster than the subtitles.
    Because it seems to get more async the more time passes, I assume it has something to do with the framerate. But the original video file's framerate is 23.976 and that's what I set Virtual Dub Mod to aswell. When I mux the original file's audio with the virtual dub mod encoded video, those are in sync, just the burned in subtitles are not.
    They are already not in sync anymore in the preview after loading my script.
    There's nothing fancy in the script, that could change the framerates - just loading the video, then some visual filters like saturation and sharpening and at the end it loads VSFilter and the .ass file.
    Can it be that Virtual Dub Mod changes the framerate of the subs by itself due to some settings? Or do I have to set the subs framerate in the script?
    Always worked fine before, so I don't know what's going wrong this time.
    Use megui for burn subtitles into video
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by imsrk48 View Post
    Use megui for burn subtitles into video
    Tried MeGui, same issue. Subtitles and source video are in sync as softsubs, but out of sync once I load them into MeGui.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Narutofreak1412 View Post
    Originally Posted by imsrk48 View Post
    Use megui for burn subtitles into video
    Tried MeGui, same issue. Subtitles and source video are in sync as softsubs, but out of sync once I load them into MeGui.
    Use proper settings meet me on telegram messenger for better helping @iamsrk48 I know everything about megui I'm an encoder
    Quote Quote  
  5. I wrote a quick encoding .bat using ffmpeg just for hardcoding subs without any filters or anything and that worked fine.
    So it really seems to be some kind of settings issue with virtual dub mod and megui. What kind of settings could mess with the subtitle speed?

    Originally Posted by imsrk48 View Post
    meet me on telegram messenger
    Sorry, I don't have telegram.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Narutofreak1412 View Post
    But the original video file's framerate is 23.976
    Are you sure that's constant 23.976 fps and not some variable frame rate? Are you sure there are no gaps in the audio? VirtualDub and MeGUI weren't really designed with variable frame rates in mind.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Originally Posted by Narutofreak1412 View Post
    But the original video file's framerate is 23.976
    Are you sure that's constant 23.976 fps and not some variable frame rate?.
    Yes, I used handbrake to create a lossless source file and made sure it's set to constant framerate. When I look up the media info of the source file on my player it also says the framerate mode of the video stream is constant.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I found the issue by myself and managed to fix it.

    Virtual Dub Mod somehow detected the wrong framerate on the video and imported it and the subs with 25 fps. It seems to automatically match the subs to that framerate it detects. Because I manually set the video framerate in virtual dub mod to the right one (23.976) after importing, the video was encoded with the right framerate but the subtitles were not.

    In order to fix that, I added a line in my .avs script:
    assumeFPS(23.976)

    So now it loads the video with the right framerate to begin with, the subtitles are imported with the same framerate and I don't have to manually adjust anything anymore after importing.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads