VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Toshiba DVR7 DVD/video combo. I spent quite a bit of time converting all our home videos onto DVDs using this device, and they playback beautifully on our TV. The problem arose when I went to convert the DVDs to a USB/ computer hard drive. None of our computers with a DVD player can read the disks. I even bought an external DVD drive for our computer but it still won’t read the DVDs. What have I done wrong? Has anyone encountered this problem? Is there a computer program I can download that will read the DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Greek Geek View Post
    What have I done wrong?
    You bought the cheapest discs you could find. You might be able to recover some of the content with ISO Puzzle.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If a DVD recorder can play the DVDs it created but a computer can't find any files or folders on the DVD, the most common explanation is that the discs were never finalized by the recorder. This is a separate step which closes the disc to writing and creates a menu which allows other DVD players and DVD player software on a computer to read and play the DVD. If you still have the Toshiba DVR7 you can finalize the DVDs. Otherwise, you will need to use a specialized data recovery program for optical media to retrieve your recordings.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 7th Jan 2019 at 11:54. Reason: punctuation
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Video Recording Mode instead of Video Mode on the dvd-recorder ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you usually_quiet. I will go back and see if I missed a step somewhere.
    Quote Quote