VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or try DVDFab and copy, convert or make Blu-rays and DVDs! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. 06/01/2019

Hi Folks!

I seem to be old, I just signed in and hardly managed to pose this question at all, so please forgive me if I'm doing anything wrong here!
    My question seems rather simple to me, but neither google nor the search here could help me.
    I only do video editing every once in a while, and for the last ten years or so I've been using VirtualDub/Mod, so I'm used to it, it serves my simple purposes, and I'd like to stick with it. But maybe that's the problem right there, so first of all:

1. Is VirtualDub still a tool one can use today or is it hopelessly outdated and can't handle hd?

But the actual question is:

2. Every VirtualDub/Mod Filter seems to be limited in regard to the input to the number 1024. I can't type in a higher number like 1080.
    Or, now that I think of it, maybe it's just the zoom filter - zoom (1.2) Donald Graft/Avery Lee - for that's the one most essential to me. Anyway.

Example: Input Video is 1920 x 1080. My desired output is 768 x 432. I'd like to show something in the lower right corner of the input video in the original size, maybe even magnified a little. That shouldn't be a problem with that filter except: I just can't put in the right digits if they're higher than 1024!

So:
    Is there an update to that zoom-filter, that I just can't find?
    Do I have to come to terms with the fact that the software I'm working with is just as outdated as I am?
    Or preferably, is there a simple way around this silly problem?

Thanks a lot in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi, first let me introduce vd2, where I try to alleviate vd' hopelessness.
    I never used zoom filter, but you may contact Donald Graft about the issue. If there is hard limit for value, I don't think it extends to any other filter. Rather unique problem.
    I too can look at it one day (completely overwhelmed with work currently).
    Quote Quote